Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
How do German-speaking schizophrenics convey that sort of thing, I wonder, what with all nouns being capitalized already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
How do you think character-based languages do it?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Cross posting my experience from the Psych QA thread.

Zil posted:

Inpatient is mostly just them getting you to reset back to a baseline and then giving you skills and guidance on how to get further help after you leave.

First day I was there was just getting medication sorted, health checked and a few interviews with the onsite doctors. The days after that were pretty much on a schedule to help you get back into a routine of taking care of yourself.

Normal day was pretty much like this:

6 AM: Wake up or be strongly suggested to wake up by roomate/doctors
6-7 AM: Freetime but intended for personal hygiene.
7-8 AM: Breakfast
8-9 AM: Medication/Freetime
9-12 AM: Group or Individual Sessions
12-1 PM: Lunch
1-2 PM: Freetime
2-5 PM: Usually some kind of skill building session, or Art/Music session
5-6 PM: Dinner
6-9 PM: Freetime
9-10 PM: Evening Medication or Showering/Hygine
10 PM - 6 AM: Sleep

Though while it seems very regimented, I want to stress that it is more to get you stable and just get into a rhythm, as none of this is forced on you. There are doctors, therapists and orderlies around you in some fashion 24 hours a day, but they never tell straight up say, you have to do this or that, just strongly recommended that you do so. All they want to do is help you get better, as well as a few of us in this thread do as well, if the meds are not working like they should and you are having this many issues, a short stay may be the best thing to look into. If not, then I would look for an Intensive Outpatient Program in its place. That way you still get some of the benefits of a hospital stay, but can go home and sleep in your own bed at night.

I actually did both, stayed in the hospital for about two weeks and then when released went into an IOP program aftewards so if you want any info on something like that, just PM me and I can answer any more questions you might have.

• Locked thread