Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caufman
May 7, 2007

My Twitter Account posted:

Is it incredibly boring? What did you do all day?

It was fuckin legend.

I didn't have to do dishes, change clothes, go to class, have responsibilities, or pretend.

There were activities all day. I learned to knit, did basic origami, hiked a bunch, did art therapy. I think we were also allowed to completely check out and stay in bed all day, but a nurse would come to make sure we was still alive, and we'd still have our visit with the doctor.

quote:

What were the other patients like? Did you have to interact with them or did they mostly leave you alone?

I could avoid everyone except the nurse who made sure you're alive and the doctor who consults with you on your sadbrains. I did not have to hang out with anyone or have mandatory group therapy. I did, though, because the people at the hospital with me were rad and diverse. I did not keep in touch with them except in spirit. But I should have.

We did not talk directly about why we were there. But we had meaningful conversations anyway.

My hospital had two wards. One for people with interpersonal behavioral issues, and one for people without. I was in the without ward, so the people with me were deemed to need less social supervision than Ward A. The patients in Ward A would join us for some group therapy sessions and hikes. Though I could tell they had mental health problems that my Ward B patients didn't, I never saw one act violently to themselves or others.

quote:

If you left, why? If you're still there, shitposting from the hospital, why?

After enough days, the doctors and I decided I could safely leave in-patient care. I was on citalopram and had scheduled out-patient therapy. It was very effective.

I would have stayed, but my medical bill was weighing on me, and my doctors were not trying to get more business out of me. I had no health insurance at the time, but by grace I had enough savings from being able to work during periods when my sadbrains wasn't so burdensome, and I saved because buying things was meaningless.

I still shitpost from reality because of rebellion, but it's no longer a suicide risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

N. Senada posted:

Watch out for Nurse Ratchet, she does not seem very nice OP

Easy enough on the eyes, though.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

El Puerco posted:

Dead cannot dream and can only live from another's point of view

It seems so.

What is Recovery?

No one is so Typical that they cannot recognize the Value of the Capitalization.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
How do you think character-based languages do it?

• Locked thread