Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Is it incredibly boring? What did you do all day?

Watched TV mostly they had cable and VHS/DVD player but they had a small collection of VHS. Chess, card game, and coloring book prints outs. One unit had a WII but they only had WII Sports. We couldn't watch a lot of shows or movies but we got away with watching RoboCop because the 2nd shift guys were cool. The only fun groups were music, art, and recreation.

What were the other patients like? Did you have to interact with them or did they mostly leave you alone?

Most people were drug addicts, and out of 3 of inpatient stays 2 were during the winter so there was homeless people too. One homeless dude had a food hoard in his room and attracted rats. My third stay there were two old women with dementia, one walked up and down the hallways cackling all through the first night she arrived but she was ok. The other always got mean and pissed herself all the time, walked out into the common area with no pants on once. There was a mentally challenged woman who had a nasty temper. There wasn't a day where she didn't have 3 meltdowns also pissed herself all the time and walked around with no pants. She would always try to get in fights with the two old women and once she threw a magazine at the first one but the old woman just picked up the magazine and read it.

She threw both of my 16 oz cups against the wall in one of her fits and we only got to go to the cafeteria once a week to replace our 16 oz cups. I was pissed each time it happened those cups were my babies the whole month I spent there.

If you left, why? If you're still there, shitposting from the hospital, why?

My first two stays I kept being misdiagnosed and given meds that weren't helping so I'd stop taking them and get worst and end right back where I am. The third time I had a doctor that actually did his job and I got the right diagnoses, on meds that work haven't been back in 4 years. I stayed a whole month last time because I didn't have anywhere to be discharged to, but I got somewhere to stay. Before that I stayed 10 days each. As for what's wrong with my brain I have bipolar.

The food was okay, not really gross and we got to go to the cafeteria on Wednesdays to get cheesesteaks, soda, larger slices of cake, and deep fried goodness but actual, caffeinated coffee. You used to be able to get outside food from visitors and order take out but they stopped that when someone smuggles in pot brownies. We got snacks twice a day. There were smoke breaks for people that smoked. One person per room with a bathroom you shared with one other person so you had some privacy. No door on the bathroom so it can get awkward. You had to go to your room at 10pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread