Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
I can answer some questions.

What they do is out brainwave, then get your memory added to their pool of recovery trash. This means your brainwave gets outed to their's. They effect this within a mechanism called an outing or a slow shack, recover roarshack. This involves interrupting brainwave over and over again, creating an environment where anger is farmed, emotional swing, then "slowing" those people, including employees, who get the outed brainwave to their recover. This will be accompanied by a verbal report of roarshack from anyone near or recovering. The recovering are usually related due to their habit of following and accumulating around certain outed memories.

This is generally what they do. Other stuff is simply within the " recovering" structure, things mentioned above happen also but all that stuff is secondary to recovering a new persons brainwave, reporting it, getting your memory wave hooked to their families who recover roarshack outside institutions and getting you followed for the rest of your life.

I will answer some of this stuff here. Post Away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
"Before You decide your mentally ill make sure your not surrounded by assholes"

You learn that you have been followed, surrounded by an outing that started in childhood or before, eventually. Those are the assholes. This was effected the same way as the hospital effected your most recent outing that followed the brainwave and accumulated. This happens a lot. People don't always get that. Those people are the recovery ( or the outing) and those are the ones who did it. Some of those, or all of them will live or work at the state hospital. Those people are assholes.

FYI

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

My Twitter Account posted:

Like most all goons I am afflicted with the lifelong sadbrains. I have a recurring fantasy where I just give up and check myself into a hospital. In my fantasy, I can just lie in bed all day, read, sleep, make artwork, and occasionally go to therapy. I'm sure this is not what real residential psychiatric treatment is like, but I would like to hear it from someone who has been there or knows someone who has.

Is it incredibly boring? What did you do all day?
What were the other patients like? Did you have to interact with them or did they mostly leave you alone?
If you left, why? If you're still there, shitposting from the hospital, why?

First of all, for sadbrains I recommend St Johns wort tea for the prescribed period. 2 times a day for 12 weeks for the cox2 inhibitor that seems to work. Read that Label Please.

It's hard to get commited to the hospital. It takes a judge, two lawyers, you to get committed. This lasts for 6 months to 2 years, depending on your lawyer and your state of being.

Most people who end up there are sent to be evaluated by a judge. Depending on the statute, .....365, 10 days, .......370, 60 to 90 days.

Funny what you mention about laying around. You can do that even though they may say different. They are interrested in slowing you, the resident, to get your brainwave so it might be thought of to do that to them. The rules are arbitrary, all of them.
The treatment is a state of mind and you are really more in control than you think.

It's boring because there is not enough to do.

You could lay in bed all day everyday if you want. There is a schedule if you want one. The others are diverse, the employees even more so. Most are like you and me though, a bit troubled for whatever. Interracting with them is optional however they are nearby. You get your own room.

You leave when the IDT or Inter Disciplinary Team decides your evaluation is complete. However, without elaborating, all that happens there when being evaluated is extra legal and whether any violence is held against you is entirely up to the staff. If you are serving a sentence there, 5 to 20 years, the laws then apply without going into legalese.

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 13, 2017

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
The State Hospital has a rule book called the Slater System that 14 States use as a model for this structure. An important misunderstanding is that you take drugs there. The rule book clearly states that you do not have to take any drugs there. The rules book is about 25 pages, I'll try to find a link to it.

http://www.bhddh.ri.gov/esh/pdf/Pt%20Handbook.pdf

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/osh/friends/Documents/Family%20Guidebook.pdf

Here are two rule books

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jun 13, 2017

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Tom Heinz said,

When life gives you lemons make lemonade. It was actually a poster. Now I want Tom Heintz dead, how things change, thanks.

Let me clarify that. I want all of the Tom Heintz line dead. All of them.

I'm nonviolent so I'll have to write a series explaining.

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 13, 2017

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
A few facts about an anonymous state hospital

This one gets about $200 Million every year

This one has about 1800 employees at that campus not including other campuses that also use that money.

This one has about 700 residents or inmates, forgotten if that includes evaluations who are not sentenced.

The food has a 2 week rotation loosely and is better than the jail. There is usually fresh fruit available.

There are 3 HD televisions in a given ward or unit.

There are art supplies like pastel crayons, chalk, pens, paint, and various paper.

You have to be sent there by a judge but you can visit.

It costs $20,000 a month to keep someone there.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

ziggurat posted:

el puerco, do you believe that the dead dream of the living

Dead cannot dream and can only live from another's point of view

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

weak wrists big dick posted:

I tried to kill myself when I was 15 and had to go to an "acute care" followed by a "residential care" center. It's basically a private prison where you get to wear your own clothes. Every place is different, but usually it's very strict and structured. The fantasy of sleeping+reading+art is ludicrous, there is a tight schedule that they adhere to and more often than not your free time will be spent in a common area with people who are, surprise surprise, loving crazy. The doctors are always annoyed and grumpy, and they will most likely be from a foreign country and speak functional-yet-flawed English. If playing dominoes and cards with schizophrenics and manic depressives is your thing, go for it.

All in all, it just made me immediately/instantaneously stable and did not really help. I did not find true mental peace until I slowed waaaay down on marijuana, stopped drinking, began meditating daily, and started working a real job every day and providing for myself. These places tend to just treat the symptoms (depression etc) until they go away as opposed to teaching you the skills to solve the roots of your depression. It's way easier to give you pills and breathing exercises than it is to shrink down into your mind and adjust your perception of your childhood and give you healthy paternal/maternal role models and a stable upbringing.

Oh, and no shoelaces or belts. Oh, and your roommate is literally going through meth withdrawals and will break all of your things.

The food was alright though.

e: I'm just going to throw these book titles out here because at one time I was diagnosed as a schizophrenic (the diagnosis has been thrown out a few times by different doctors) and I believe they really helped me, and maybe they can help someone else:

Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson
A Little Book on The Human Shadow by Robert Bly
For Your Own Good by Alice Miller
He: Understanding Masculine Psychology by Robert A. Johnson (if u have a pp, op. idk if this book is good for girls)

Also look into Carl Jung. It's not as exact and it is probably a bad idea to go purely off of Carl Jung's stuff (especially if you don't know German), but the fairy tale language and hints of esotericism/mysticism in his works are enough to get you interested in the whole armchair psychology thing and might set you on the path to self observation exercises.

Good luck!

You might want to stop the Olanzapine and the Depacote to. Yung is good thanks.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

Prester Jane posted:

If he should be so lucky to as get a roomate as good as this one. At least El Puerco is genuinely trying to answer the questions being asked and despite the rambling nature of his response he is actually speaking on topic and giving as much germane insight into the experience as he can communicate. He could instead be using his babble to probe you and intensely study your reactions over a prolonged period of time in order to fine-tune babble designed to irritate and provoke specifically you- because that is the game he has invented to pass his infinite leisure time in eternal gray hell.

This thread has inspired me to write a thread about my experiences being homeless and receiving treatment for schizophrenia at a residential facility designed specifically for people who were both homeless and mentally ill. Should have the OP up in a couple hours.

You are Recovery, you should apply your delusion to the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

weak wrists big dick posted:

El Puerco isn't a schizophrenic just a prophet speaking in an idioglossia that none of us can understand

I am simply stating facts, you are restating, that is recover

• Locked thread