Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Like most all goons I am afflicted with the lifelong sadbrains. I have a recurring fantasy where I just give up and check myself into a hospital. In my fantasy, I can just lie in bed all day, read, sleep, make artwork, and occasionally go to therapy. I'm sure this is not what real residential psychiatric treatment is like, but I would like to hear it from someone who has been there or knows someone who has.

Is it incredibly boring? What did you do all day?
What were the other patients like? Did you have to interact with them or did they mostly leave you alone?
If you left, why? If you're still there, shitposting from the hospital, why?

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

A few questions that matter:

what country are you in?

if your in the US: what state?

are you an adult or a minor?
I am an adult in the [redacted] of [redacted].

quote:

I did meet a man who was faking it to stay there, he wasnt born in the US.
I'd like to hear more about this guy, if I could.

Note: I am definitely capable of caring for myself and am not a danger to myself or others, so I know these places are not meant for me. I am, at least in theory, above faking mental illness to avoid work.

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 17, 2017

• Locked thread