Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
If dumpsters are seriously problematic, another possibility is to buy a cheap pickup truck (or rent one), load up the back, slap a tarp on top to keep stuff from blowing off, and haul it all to the dump. It's more work than the dumpster (you have to keep stopping demo to haul stuff off, and you'll have to unload yourself), but probably substantially cheaper than the dumpster route.

But this is a situation where I would absolutely go with dumpsters if I could. You're already signing up to do a tremendous amount of work, anything reasonable you can do to reduce that workload is worth doing.

Oh, and remember to make certain all your contractors are licensed! Get a quote with their license number and the amount of their bond. If an unlicensed contractor gets hurt on the job, you're liable for their medical bills, which can easily be gigantic.

Good luck, in any case. Given the un-remediated water damage, I imagine you're going to find a lot of rot in the framing of the house once you get that drywall off. Go read kastein's house thread for what to do in that situation (short version: jack up the wall to take load off the rotten stud, cut the stud out, put a new one in). You have a fantastic opportunity here to acquire lots of power tools, incidentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread