Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Gonna stay optimistic because it's just one game, but I still have a nagging dread that the lightbulb came on over Laviolette's head tonight

Like "Wait, wait... holy poo poo, Hainsey and Maatta are terrible! What the hell have we been doing?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Duckman2008 posted:

I'll try if you'll try.

It was a joke.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Santa a Preds fan. Clearly the right team.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

whoa bad officiating in THESE playoffs, WHOA

whoa #holycow

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean its law that any Pittsburgh sports team opponent is the lesser evil because you know how Pittsburgh is this giant monster city that bribes its way to championships, cheats, and is overall just unlikable despite being a scrappy city that was left on death's door and had to fight and claw its way to relevancy all the while having to deal with the bullshit effects of a century of heavy industry turning South Western PA into a blasted acidic hellscape and spending the last half century cleaning that up only for our dipshit president to use our city's name despite the fact that Pittsburgh is the Paris of Appalachia and that we loving hate him and gently caress those coal miners who can't let go of their dying job and move on.

So yeah I think I have a complex while this game turns into the Pens/Flyers series

Pittsburgh, known internationally as the Donald Trump Pollution Capital

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Captain Internet posted:

It was a joke.

Oh. Sorry. Make jokes in the first when I'm more sober and can follow them. Lol.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
These playoffs? The officiating is so very good. It's like every infraction is plinko, maybe you get big money maybe not.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Internet posted:

These playoffs? The officiating is so very good. It's like every infraction is plinko, maybe you get big money maybe not.

The price is wrong, bitch.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

AsInHowe posted:

Trump doctor sex cake

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Penalties are for losers. None ever again.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Toss the fish

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

refs: :getout:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Haha family guy theme on the organ

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

These refs are not terrible at all.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

aejix posted:

Haha family guy theme on the organ

Krazy Kyle is awesome. Just sayin.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

JoelJoel posted:

These refs are not terrible at all.

Says local man whose team's likelihood to win is increasing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

AsInHowe posted:

God I was so pissed at work Thursday when I read that speech on twitter, but I couldn't rant at work because then they would now know why I disappear in the lab room with one door and a tiny window where I collect and place samples in the Xenon Arc Chambers all the time or when I go to the bathroom for 15-20 mins a few times every day.

That and most of coworkers are conservative/apolitical/"socially liberal/fisicially conservative" who still believe that renewable are not financially solvent and that our fossil fuel industry is too regulated with bad regulations.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
we're soooo close to a brawl right now

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Kessel getting himself kicked out so he can beat traffic to the hotdog stand outside

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Woahboy, Irwin is loving lovely

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Wow et tu Kessel?

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Well, Rinne is certainly seeing the puck tonight.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Kessel hulking out

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Some relish on that hit.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Eric the Mauve posted:

Gonna stay optimistic because it's just one game, but I still have a nagging dread that the lightbulb came on over Laviolette's head tonight

Like "Wait, wait... holy poo poo, Hainsey and Maatta are terrible! What the hell have we been doing?"

Meh. I find it hard to believe that every video coach in the world lost 20 minutes of every penguin game this post season

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Phil heard there were hot dogs in the room and blasted the gently caress out of Ellis to get first dibs.

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean its law that any Pittsburgh sports team opponent is the lesser evil because you know how Pittsburgh is this giant monster city that bribes its way to championships, cheats, and is overall just unlikable despite being a scrappy city that was left on death's door and had to fight and claw its way to relevancy all the while having to deal with the bullshit effects of a century of heavy industry turning South Western PA into a blasted acidic hellscape and spending the last half century cleaning that up only for our dipshit president to use our city's name despite the fact that Pittsburgh is the Paris of Appalachia and that we loving hate him and gently caress those coal miners who can't let go of their dying job and move on.

So yeah I think I have a complex while this game turns into the Pens/Flyers series

Your team is fine. Your fanbase is more often than not loving insufferable.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
It's there a single skater in the NHL who would not have already been banned for life in any other team sport?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I can see why Kessel was pissed about the Irwin hit but seriously? Phil Kessel?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wow that's some rage from Kessel

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

as long as the preds win the cup I'm ok with seeing with a line brawl atm

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That hit on Cullen didn't even look that bad except his feet crossed up and he went in awkward.

Refs lovely tho, can't clean this mess up with misconducts after you let it get this bad

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Pens are bitch babies

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
gently caress Irwin, gently caress the refs.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

grack posted:

I can see why Kessel was pissed about the Irwin hit but seriously? Phil Kessel?

"Phil we're not getting hotdogs tonight"

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Man those scrappy yellow shirts, just hustling to board the gently caress out of a 40 year old 4th liner.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
I guess these teams hate each other now.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

yellowcar posted:

"Phil we're not getting hotdogs tonight"

Nah, he didn't go full McSorley

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
They are just so fun to watch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Siroc posted:

I guess these teams hate each other now.

Setting da tone :colbert:

• Locked thread