Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Goddamn 8 is already a late enough start how much of a preamble do we need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

iospace posted:

Get this weak rear end eastern time zone time poo poo out of here

Central time is a shambling compromise of a time zone

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How did they not get Carrie Underwood to do this

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Guentzel might just be a good hockey player.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

dont be mean to me posted:

I don't even care anymore.

Take me home.

(We are listing our favorite Phil Collins songs right?)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Abner Assington posted:

NBC Sports streaming is making GBS threads the bed big time. Anyone else dealing with that too?

If you're using a computer I highly recommend switching over to the NHLGames streaming tool from reddit. Infinitely better than NBC/NHL apps.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Shero hosed up a lot of first round picks but I forgive him for Murray and Guentzel

(File photo of Derrick Pouliot not found)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Made even better by the fact JR kept the good player and traded the bad one for Bonino

Don't make us think about Sutter at a time like this. This is supposed to be a joyous occasion

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Still think if the Penguins finish this deal MAF and Murray should share the Conn Smythe

Doesn't seem like there's anything that says it can't be a shared trophy so I'd be down to see that happen.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

BiohazrD posted:

I was worried that Murrays performance last year was a fluke and that he just stepped up and got lucky. I am glad to be wrong

There's something to be said for Fleury still being a good goalie at his age but even if Murray pumpkins worse than Johnathan Quick we've still got a good 5-6 years to go with him.
And he's bigger/doesn't rely on his reflexes as much so I feel like he's going to last longer than that barring strange injuries.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Abner Assington posted:

I mean I'm a Penguins fan and all but is anyone else dreading the moment we begin living in a world where "Ron Hainsey, Stanley Cup Champion" is an actual fact?

You have to think he's the second one to get the cup, too. It's the worst "old guy without a cup" narrative we've had in a while.
Carter Rowney makes up for it though.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I think Jake and Murray are pretty good no matter what team they're on. Especially Murray.

Sheary definitely got the Crosby bump I think.

Eh, don't underestimate the little fella too much. He's a solid as gently caress two-way forward and he's probably good for 30-40 points on another team with minimal powerplay time. Can't ask for much more for a supplementary player.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yinz're going to win the Stanley Cup for the second year in a row and a thing which crosses your mind is "Ew, gross, we have to put Ron HAINSEY's name on the Cup?"? Yinz poor thing.

Never played in the playoffs until this year Ron Hainsey? Played on lovely Jackets, Thrashers, and Canes for most of his career Hainsey?

Good time to remind folks that Ribeiro has the 40+ regular season games required to get his name on the cup should the Preds win

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Captain Internet posted:

lol I'm remembering Fedetenko's lil elf face.

It's really disturbing how much of that 2009 team could feasibly be playing if they didn't wash the gently caress out. Fedotenko is 38, Sykora is 40, Kennedy is only 30, Cooke 38, Talbot 33.

Then somehow Cullen is still playing better than most of these guys at his age now.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Saw this and had to preserve it for posterity.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pungry posted:

make Thrashers dude Captain Internet's av

or and text suggestions?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I miss Kris Letang so drat much

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Captain Internet posted:

gently caress YES THANKS FOR THE AV

:cheers:

Also way to check yourself, Wilson

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

marioinblack posted:

NHL just changed the rules so Pens power play scoring chances will now count as goals.

So effectively there's no difference?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Hainsey and Maatta are so bad they make Ian Cole look good

Like I never thought I'd see the day I'd watch the Penguins thinking "wait, who is that out there... oh, whew, it's Cole, I feel better now."

I can't wait for the copycat teams to try to ride their way to the cup without a defense like... Dallas...or Edmonton?
Wait poo poo...
I mean I guess Crosby and Malkin are just that good

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: Ok, so the trick to using Penguins Bullshit against them is to have a former Penguins on your team :siren:

It's not over until Neal knees Malkin in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

No, Martin was on Johnston's coaching staff too. It was widely rumored he refused to take the HC job before it went to Sullivan, dunno if that was ever really confirmed though.

Tocchet is of course Mario Lemieux's golfing buddy, so he is going nowhere so long as Lemieux is a team owner.

Tocchet has obviously suffered too many concussions. I'm pretty sure no coach would be better than whatever he attempts to instill.
So bald. So anemic.

• Locked thread