Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

I am a Unity dev hoping to team up with people for some inspiring goon teamwork action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

TheOrange, Supernorn, and I have each chosen a word in secret and then combined them to create our team name: VEG BOY REPUBLIC

Logo by Supernorn

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Rob Filter posted:

Yeah, totally. That's the rules and for me to have a musician as current do design I'd be breaking them, which I won't do. That's why I'd personally like the rules to be slightly different. But:

If there are concerns about team creep, and about game design being a significant and time consuming task that needs to be part of core, then fair enough. While it would be nicer for me if things were different, this isn't my game jam.

Getting design input from a friend or the musician doesn't sound like a big deal to me. Spirit of the law not the letter sort of thing.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

We shitted out a game just in time, it's DMCA Takedown: Seize & Desist! You must save Grand Dad from NINTENCORP's DMCA Takedown notice.

Or if you want to sample the music too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoqRYqeP8iM

itch.io page with download links or the awful jams page.

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

b00tl3g kr3w

- Excellent feel created with the music, sound effects, CRT effect, etc. Very cohesive and feels good man
- I couldn't figure out for like 5 minutes how to start a ROM. I guess maybe it's some combination of me being a millennial/idiot but it wasn't very intuitive to me that I had to upload a rom in order to be able to play it using a program on my desktop?
- Once I got the roms going I was stoked. Each one made me laugh. I love the idea of having a bunch of mini games and the fact that you worked them into one cohesive concept is very impressive. I'd love to try something like this in a future jam
- The chat system is very funny

Overall excellent job! I got to the FBI games and drugs thing at the end which I assume is the end?

Anyways excellent work!

Bootleg Bernie and his Album Making Journey

- I like the second section a lot more than the first section. I think you were onto something with the stealth + record idea and I enjoyed it.

Fast Forward Record Rewind

- Neat premise (I now understand the talk about similar concepts was in the thread haha)
- I couldn't really tell what I was supposed to be doing after doing 3 or 4 levels. Does it only record while that bar is going down? I would set up my recorder and then I was like okay now what do I do and would wait a bit and then go end but wasn't getting good scores I think? A bit more detail on the score screen would really help I think. Like i got a 0 and a 2 and a 3 at different points, I'm assuming more points is better? Maybe you shouldn't be able to pass without a 3 or 4 so that the player needs to know what they're doing? Or maybe you get money for the tape based on the overall quality (score) of the recording?
- Anyways I enjoyed it and it made me smile GOOD JOB!

awesomeolion fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 3, 2017

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Want to say that I am happy with how the jam went, thoroughly enjoyed the Gong Show, and am looking forward to next one!

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Hammer Bro. posted:

Minor site suggestion: think you could add a way to sort the games randomly? I don't generally play all of them but do want to review a few and as other have noticed, often the most popular ones also receive the most additional attention. That could be partially because they're at the top of the list or have subconsciously eye-grabbing banners.

Should scramble em on page load / load em randomly so it's different per visit.

Am I missing something on the site? Results haven't been posted but have sort of been explained somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Hammer Bro. posted:

SharpenedSpoon made a post a little while ago with this, if that's what you're after: http://www.awfuljams.com/awful-summer-jam-2017/winners.

Not sure if there are direct links to it elsewhere, but it was what I was looking for.

Ah cool thanks. Congrats to the winners!!

• Locked thread