Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
I guess I'll throw my hat in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
Team Snowball (just me) reporting.
Day 1: At work. Bosca Ceoil doesn't run on android, so my lunchbreak is wasted. How do ya'll make chiptunes when away from a computer? I'm going for that warm Gameboy sound.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
Got my game balance figured out, I have a short script so my characters have things to talk about in cutscenes, and I have a couple music tracks. I switched from Unity to Rpgmaker XV Ace because I got tired of trying to make menus layer correctly instead of working on art, and holy poo poo the whole thing runs on a database but has no way to search it and make a list. I may be hosed. Nail my rear end to the wall of shame, I guess.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
I might actually get something in on time.
I got into a car accident near the start of the jam. Everyone was fine, but my car's been in the shop and I've had to walk nearly everywhere. This left me with pretty drained and I had to give up on doing anything with Unity. I had to redo a bunch of my sprite work to meet RPGmaker's specifications (autotiling is weird), and change most of my game mechanics to avoid having to get in-depth with Ruby. Did you know that RPGmaker, an engine specifically for making JRPGs, as no flag for when all enemies are killed in a battle? Boggles the mind.

Anyway, I've pushed through it and you guys may get a little free-roaming RPG with some cute dialogue and I hope my earlier griping post that declared me as failing didn't automatically take me out of the running or something.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
Yep, I'm out. There's one game-crashing bug that I can't root out of this pile.

• Locked thread