Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Hi if anybody still needs a javascript unity programmer hit me up; otherwise I kinda struggle on the solo scene.

I can also handle c# for unity but I'm a bit rusty.

I'm usually online in the #sagamedev channel on synirc, and I'm also in the awful jams discord somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I think I am still looking for a group? Javascript programmer for Unity maybe c# too, more comfortable with Javascript but I can work with c#

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Alrighty, I can adapt to a different syntax easily enough. but I'd still could use some people to tell me what to do.

if it's also worth mentioning, I would enjoy anything User-Expierence-y since I do love making things easier for others to use or understand

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
back in the market for finding a group; if I dont find a partner or two soon I guess I'll just have to figure out something on my own :shepface:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh right I'm starting up my solo effort too now

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I got the game working decently early on, then I decided to do all of the art and sound in the last 8 hours :shepface:

http://www.awfuljams.com/awful-summer-jam-2017/games/smash-em-randal

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tann posted:

Smash-em Randal by TeamTime000
Well done for finishing a game alone in the time limit. I dig the idea of the multiple characters traversing the level in different ways depending on your abilities. Unfortunately I gave up getting the final ending because the platforming was extremely frustrating. I've seen people go through a similar thing with trying wrangle a 2d physics engine into doing what you want it to in a platformer. Come hangout in irc or post in the thread if you need help or get stuck!

Highlight:: That's crate!
Thanks, and yeah I should have adjusted the camera to follow the character a bit more tightly. Aside from that; the wall-jumping controls still a felt a bit wonky to me at the end, but I had to shift focus in order to meet the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Just took a look at what was said about my game, Smash-em Randal, on the gong show; yeah that's about the reaction I was expecting to hear. Still, I am encouraged to get better in both skill and work habits so I can really knock it out of the park in the next jam!

I'll get around to playing the other games and write up a postmortem of my own in a few days, just a tad bit busy with a couple other things at the moment.

• Locked thread