Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Okay I got a suuuper late start, but I think there's a slim chance I might actually finish this dumb thing? So, here are some screens from KURM FROG TEACH ABC.

I am hoping to corner the market on mupet-themed QWOPlike interactive fiction this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Monday is the 31st! Unless there is something terribly wrong with my calendar.

Also just wanna throw out there that I am super excited to play all of these games (especially Shoehead's and Krillin's)

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Kurm Frog Teach ABC is live! You can play it online here and check out the jam page here.

(WARNING: there may or may not be a monster at the end of this game)

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Siminu posted:

Krum Frog Geach ABC is as delightful as it looks. Even the monster at the end, despite not really existing, gave me a goofy grin. Pretty much the whole time. All grins.
Thanks for the kind words!! You am true ABC champion.

Also I am aware of the issue of Karm Fog & friends exiting the screen and I am gonna do my best to fix it, but probably not 'til judging is over (if for no other reason than because I'll have no time to work on it 'til then, oops)

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Giggs posted:

Kurm Frog Teach ABC
This game is beautiful. The music is also appropriately adorable. It’s funny and fresh and attention grabbing. During the applause I could hear the Kermit scream in my mind, and when it finished I managed to get hit by a vegetable after the text came up and it was interrupted and skipped. I thought that fit really nicely, like it was realistic or something. Some of the gameplay mechanics are a little unbalanced or wonky though. The camera is a little tight around the Mathletic Race thing and final encounter. I don’t remember if it’s possible to skip/miss the second Mupet Show applause section, but it was really suprisingly difficult. Those small veggies come at you so fast that it’s very difficult to avoid them. It took me a couple minutes! Minutes!

Very good writing, it was a treat to read through this game. So many wonderful aspects to it! Well done!

Hey thanks for the great feedback! I'm working on a "public build" of the game, and apart from bug fixes my main priorities are definitely gonna be camera stuff and rebalancing minigame difficulty. (I might try to restore a cut mini game if I have time, also? I dunno yet)

But yeah, I really appreciate all the nice/constructive stuff people have said about Kurm Frog here & in the stream! I totally expected poor Kurm to get clobbered over his wonky gameplay. Good to know him still has a place in heart of America childs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Thanks so much to the judges! There were so many good games this year and I am totally blown away by the reception my weird and troubling Mupet game got. Kurm wave him arms in grateful to you this day.

Shoutout to fellow Awfuljammers Weird BIAS for introducing me to the SA gamedev scene in the first place and especially to Afal for tearing apart my early web games/schooling me on all the good stuff my current games run on. You guys ams the real MVPs~

• Locked thread