Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Can I make an RPG maker game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

I'm in with a non-goon friend as Team Quick Done Games

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 7, 2017

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

JonTerp posted:

Going to recommend nobody call any copyrighted characters out by name in their submissions.

Definitely do not name your game after a trademarked franchise or character.
Does this mean a game called "Super Merlio Brothers" is also off limits / not in the spirit of things?

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

Crudus posted:

I'm gonna scratch an itch I've had for years and finally try making a game. Spent this morning making a mock-up for my take on "boot-legging" - a rhythm based cowboy side-scroller/dueling game with the camera permanently focused at boot level. Probably going to try using game maker for this.

Good luck. I hear rhythm games can be deceptively tough to program.

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

The sudden death of my aunt, as well as me making the poor life decision to try to get back together with my ex, made it a bad month for making video games.

The goal was to make a puzzle game that uses Risk/Advance Wars mechanics.

• Locked thread