Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Why is it not a full month? Not complaining, just curious.

Count me in for another stultifying effort nobody will truly like!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Typical posted:

Hello game dev thread. I am a cartoon artist person and I want to do some 3D things with your goon dev team. first off Here are some examples of my 2D work.

2D Enviorments and props
http://imgur.com/a/WWVjY

2D characters
http://imgur.com/a/Nn24t

3D Area

Mainframe Computer

About Me Although I am primarily a 2D designer. I really want to use this as an opportunity to work on some 3D environments/props, Or possibly do some sort of 2d/3d hybrid. right now I have a basic understanding of Maya quad modeling, and UV mapping with with Photoshop painted textures. I can also export FBX things. I have a tiny amount of experience in UE4, and I really want to learn more via this project. if you want to team up and make a SIMPLE GAME with cartoony 3D environments/props I would love to help you out. I work a full time job so I cannot devote a ton of time to this project, so please consider that before reaching out to me.

please email me at:
bmnoll1 at geeemaledotcom

If you're on a team, can we legally make an official Rick and Morty game

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
While you're at it, my team already has three, and I know a sick coder who wants to help out and write about half of our code, but he plays guitar, so could he not count, either?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Shoehead posted:

It took me a full week to get this far, lol. But here is a good summary of the last few days

Please don't end up on the wall, I desperately want Doom Wild Guns

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Waiting until a week into the jam to really begin learning the basic building blocks of code necessary for the game you're making by yourself is not a great strategy, I'm discovering

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'm sitting at about 50/50 feeling like "yes! I did it! I'm gonna be able to finish the rest of this code no problem!" and "wait, i created a string input field but I have no idea how to make it actually clickable/typable, i'm going to die a failure on the wall of shame"

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

dupersaurus posted:

Scheduling my wedding during the jam was a poor lack of foresight

As was me scheduling a baby immediately afterwards

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I think I'm officially throwing in the towel, not that anyone cares. A delayed start, way too much going on personally, loss of team, waning passion for the concept, and trying to learn how to code by myself during the jam all combined to grind me to a halt.

I hope nobody was terribly excited about playing a lousy, babby's-first-sidescroller knockoff of Sonic the Hedgehog that started with a sonic OC creator that let you modularly control your species, sex, color, favorite food, and personality traits (blademaster, autism, japanese, etc) and then let you go on a very short quest to rescue Sonic, who then declares you the most unique person he's ever met and then you kiss, the end

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

a cyberpunk goose posted:

Legs is done!

https://midoski.itch.io/legs?secret=EQQjipvqQM2OAmXaqMeE2zhjm7w

I'll make this a real itch.io page soon but I have left the server up so feel free to join.

This is fantastic, even though i just got to beat up on your AFK body

I kicked him around until he was at 420%, then launched him, and then he didn't respawn because I killed him so good, so I had a lie down and left. I want to play this against people, though!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Humans,

I see that you have all catastrophically misinterpreted my unimpeachable attempt at elevating the discourse. This can only be for a few reasons:
  • You are big dumb babies
  • You want your games to be given a gold star
  • You lack the intellect to meaningfully understand my paradigm

I will henceforth adapt my diction in such fashion that your so-called "feelings" will not be hurt. Such an attempt is laudable as it requires significant reduction in logic, the binding force of all creation that guides our universe away from entropy.

Only I am capable of a professional, productive conversation, as you are all a bunch of slapdick diaper ninnies that I would not trust with a watermelon, much less a game engine and a keyboard. I sincerely hope that this missive reduces the drama.

• Locked thread