Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Luggage posted:

One more on that recommendation, from what I see Unreal Engine is exclusively for 3D stuff. I am definitely looking towards 2D as a beginner. Is this possible with Unreal Engine? And since they get compared a lot, how easy is 2D stuff with Unity?

My teams game, Grumpy Grandpa in the Big Breakout, won best Unreal Engine game last year. Completely sprite based 2D, completely done in Blueprint in Unreal Engine.

Seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtHmiPc9gt0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Humble Bundle store has Aseprite on sale for $11.99.

For anyone who wants a good pixel-art/sprite editing tool, it's a pretty good one.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/aseprite

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

I don't know what I expected.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Oh Twitch is going to love streaming this.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Musical_Daredevil posted:

Vehicle physics is hard.

I used UE4's built in vehicle physics for my Demo Derby game a couple years ago. It's very very touchy and not very well documented. I kind of cheated. I made the base car that comes with the demo project invisible, then I put my car body model over top of that and disabled its coalition and physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Ultigonio posted:

Haha, yeah, an hour or so after posting that, I noticed how many errors were being produced from that (in spite of the fact that the game adamantly refused to crash), so I started checking out other options, and I found concurrence among them. Useful!

You might also make use of the "Do once" function, and reset it after some period of time.

• Locked thread