Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat
gently caress yes. Get to redeem myself! Sign me up.

I can do 3D art and program, but not both at the same time. If you'd like to team up, I'm the dude that did Chill Robot and Sneaking Mission. (And Düm. Still feel bad about making the judges play that one.)

I'll be filling it at work for half of our employees because 2/4 of us took vacation and we're doing our public release, but I've got a 24-pack of Redbull, a half-bottle of amphetamines, and 90% of a deathwish. Let's do this.

Older games include The Rage of Painting and Pissim 2012.

Jo fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Xibanya posted:

Wish I could find it (it may have been in the SAgamedev slack that no longer exists) but I remember JonTerp personally telling me that the evil spirit possessing your corporal form counts a team member.

Then my corporeal form doesn't count as one though, does it? It's just my body doing the work. My spirit is busy getting pounded in the butt unironically by the physical manifestation of a right wing corruption of the idea of Chuck Tingle.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Tube posted:

That's just what I wanted to hear. Awesome. ... lovely toys...

I've used Makehuman and sorta-rotoscoped the art before. It's a similar idea. Still a lot of effort.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
:siren:Attn Doom Goon:siren:

I was just going through the old game jam thread and _only now_ noticed your feedback on Sneaking Mission. Absolutely made my day. I can't PM you or reply to the archived thread SO NOW THE WORLD HAS TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE A SWEETIE PIE.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Countdown to "artin' up a storm" jokes...

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Doom Goon posted:

Wow, just less than six hours until the theme.

You're much too nice! Thank you for the game, really excited to see this year!

This year I'll be doin' some art (and maybe a little programming) with Tann!

Together, we are...

Get it? Because Tann. And we're gents. Get it?

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

JonTerp posted:

Going to recommend nobody call any copyrighted characters out by name in their submissions.

Definitely do not name your game after a trademarked franchise or character.

The interpretation of 'bootleg' is open, though, right? So it can be either bootleg ripoffs of games/movies/etc, OR bootleg like a game about the prohibition era where people illegally made Muslims in their bathtubs and such?

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
This started with me just loving around while we brain stormed and it made me laugh enough that I decided to keep going.

I have some regrets.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Afal posted:

can't wait to play the game that clones flappy bird this year.

Flappy Terp

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Still not settled on an idea. Made a catapult for hoisting poo poo over the border wall.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Afal posted:

Today's progress:

Haven't got a name yet. Annoyed Buzzards? Irate Pigeons? Why The Hell Is That MSPaint Bird Wearing MSPaint Dungarees?

Upset Birds.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
End of the first day: still working on ideas. Not sold on anything. Might just make a shitload of prototypes. :supaburn: gently caress I miss having a month to get ideas.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Another day. I'm cranking out art waaaay slower than I thought. Here's a sample, at least.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Day 8: spent Thursday, a chunk of Friday, and most of this morning on music. I'm not very happy with any of it. :sigh:. The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Man, these all look so good. :stare:

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Tann did basically all the work but I've not seen screen-shots posted here, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRjqYkAFxMY

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Could you make this guy chocolate colored so it can be the cocoa demon? :3:

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/JCatrambone/status/890699715192291338

I should probably be doing something more productive, but...

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Been working all day and have a product release tonight, but I'll try and record some LP stuff tomorrow evening.

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
First video complete. I figured I'd start tomorrow, but I had some time this evening.

:siren: ATTN TEAM PORKCHOP, CREATORS OF Bootleg Bernie's Album Making Journey :siren:

Here's my raw playthrough: Watch my dumb loving face play your loving game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yA23DySM6w

DMCA Takedown: Seize and Desist

This game is hard. :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJ7cCZtwf0

Jo fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 3, 2017

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Darn. I'll juuuust be getting off work when you start playing Super Gargle Blaster. Hope I catch it in time.

One more video for the fray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CsHWiUHHnI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I'd like to to be incredibly clear in saying that Tann did pretty much all of the work and made the huge plurality of the good decisions. I'm fortunate beyond words to have been given the opportunity to work with him. Thank you to the judges and submitters.

• Locked thread