Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Games for Grand.... oh wait we finally did that one.

I'm looking forward to taking a break from the game I made last year to work on a new one this year :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Xibanya posted:

p sure I was informed that if you are possessed the malign spirit profaning your spiritual essence counts towards your team member total. :ghost:

As long as said spirit doesn't alter any code or assets its ok

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Spending day 2 stuck in work, so it's time to organise the everliving gently caress out of my trello. :reject:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I don't think I've posted anything at all yet, oops!

And now a small, spine destroying glitch!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Got a lot of important work done today..

Reaaaalll important....

:yosbutt:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

anothergod posted:

What's a bootleg?

This is gorgeous!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

It took me a full week to get this far, lol. But here is a good summary of the last few days

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I got bodies to block shots! It seems kinda minor but it paves the way for dudes hiding behind cover!

Also have an action shot! (pre health, but it looks dangerous at least)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Got a system in place to control spawning in waves, as well as setting up destinations. I'm going to use it in small bursts of like 3 or 4 enemies to ensure I don't fill the screen with dudes if you take too long. It culls dudes who walk off screen too (well there's a death zone but whatevs)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
While plopping in some blood objects I forgot that blood doesn't bounce

Also welcome to Shoehead's Ketchup Factory Disaster Sim 2018

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

gently caress THE WALL

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lots of stuff done today. This was my last day popping stuff in before actually building proper menus and game thingys

So first off I got gibs in! Before critical hits were insta kills but now they cause gibbing. Also somehow dropping below -4 hp will cause them to gib

Then I moved on to a new enem-

A new ene-

Ahem

A new enemy based off the shotgun guy. He's a little more aggressive and harder to kill. You might notice I finally got rid of them having perfect aim too, just to make things a little less robotic. And I also changed how mouse aiming works because I kept snagging the cross hair on corners and missing shots and stuff.

So this weekend is just Menus on menus and other essential game stuff like the player dying and...uh pausing...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Heaps more stuff! I got a Super shotgun in. Item pickups work, too and I have the start of a sound controller set up. Hopefully I get the health and BG stuff done soon so I can code this guy:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

WrathOfBlade posted:

Okay I got a suuuper late start, but I think there's a slim chance I might actually finish this dumb thing? So, here are some screens from KURM FROG TEACH ABC.

I am hoping to corner the market on mupet-themed QWOPlike interactive fiction this year.

:swoon: Oh my goooddddd

https://twitter.com/Shoehead_art/status/890306539654975492

Here have a bug

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This took waay too long to do

https://twitter.com/Shoehead_art/status/890852622567178240

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I played it but I don't want to say anything and ruin anyone's impressions, but i did like the last level a lot

Heres my Saturday night:
https://twitter.com/Shoehead_art/status/891421747995660290

https://twitter.com/Shoehead_art/status/891432786309128193

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

https://shoehead.itch.io/dum

Got it done some time before midnight my time and immediately went to bed, but here's the public version! Submitted it with a possibly game breaking bug, oh no!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Myron posted:

This is a fun little game. I thought the length and difficulty was just right. I agree with Doom Goon that it feels a bit like a spectrum or C64 game. The level design reminds of some old arcade adventures, except the game world isn't as big (obviously) and it's less obscure, which is good. Two things that bothered me a little were enemies turning invincible (which you already mentioned) and getting hit in midair could send you all the way into another screen. Not a big deal though. The fact that this is an actual NES game that runs on a real NES...emulator (I used nestopia) is worth all the bonus points.

I'm not a huge fan of this type of shooter, so I can't say too much about the gameplay. I think the crosshair could have moved a little faster and in windowed mode, it's easy to accidentally click outside of the window and minimize it. Other than that it plays fine, and there's a decent variety of weapons and enemy types. The graphics are fantastic! The sprites look great and all the little details (blood, explosions etc.) feel just right, even the options menu looks slick as hell. The same goes for the sound. I was gonna say this is super polished, but I did indeed run into a gamebraking bug :v:

Oh you mean the...wait hang on I fixed the one I knew about!!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Myron posted:

I didn't get a screenshot and I don't know when it happened exactly. I just played again until I got a game over and everything was fine.

You didnt end up with a shadow flashing on the ground did you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Every time I finish a Jam game I get a heap of hits from this one japanese blog and I think it's cute as hell. Shout's out, random Japanese blog!

http://matatabi-yasiki.blogspot.ie/2017/08/dumii.html

• Locked thread