Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

eschaton posted:

nobody’s watching the Platforms State of the Union?

so far everything announced was spoiled by the release notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
u can come watch what's new in swift tomorrow where everything we're going to say was spoiled by swift-evolution to the point that we even lampshade it in the talk

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

cool, good thing I held off replacing my work MacBook till after WWDC.

I like the muting of notifications while driving, that's definitely my poo poo

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
so uh anything good?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

five thousand dollarydoos for the imac pro.

so like yeah an 8-core intel chip ain't gonna be cheap cuz intel is loving terrible but FIVE THOUSAND GODDAMN DOLLARS phhheeeewwww

it has 10Gb ethernet i guess that's kinda cool. whatever they do for the new mac pro it's gonna cost so loving much lmao

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

SO DEMANDING posted:

it has 10Gb ethernet i guess that's kinda cool. whatever they do for the new mac pro it's gonna cost so loving much lmao

they need to push the 2.5\5\10gb standards. they went back and lowered the gap for high speed ethernet.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

JewKiller 3000 posted:

so uh anything good?

a $350 speaker

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

JewKiller 3000 posted:

so uh anything good?

AR kit/api or whatever if its tracking is steady as they demoed on existing devices. somehow it seems they crammed seemingly impossible magic into the software being able to differentiate the height of surfaces and track 3d models onto them perfectly without any jumpiness. there is an android device meant for AR development, but it has a bunch of sensors all over that. somehow apple figured out how to do it with just the camera's input

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
i've got no doubt i will be proven wrong by the market but a giant microphone that sells me things is not actually a thing I want in my home

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

JewKiller 3000 posted:

so uh anything good?

a minor spec refresh on the only macs that matter

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

AR kit/api or whatever if its tracking is steady as they demoed on existing devices. somehow it seems they crammed seemingly impossible magic into the software being able to differentiate the height of surfaces and track 3d models onto them perfectly without any jumpiness. there is an android device meant for AR development, but it has a bunch of sensors all over that. somehow apple figured out how to do it with just the camera's input

high contrast environment with optimal lighting?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
gently caress

https://twitter.com/darth/status/871808536572944384

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

so like yeah an 8-core intel chip ain't gonna be cheap cuz intel is loving terrible but FIVE THOUSAND GODDAMN DOLLARS phhheeeewwww

they'll sell a handful to tv editors and university music departments who "need" an $8000 machine so undergrads can mix their 5 track electronic music projects. more often though, they end up in the department head's living room because he is "using it for work".

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

i've got no doubt i will be proven wrong by the market but a giant microphone that sells me things is not actually a thing I want in my home

i don't think it sells you anything, it really is intended to be a speaker. i mean it's for music i'm sure it's better with some kind of music subscription but you don't really need to use ours specifically

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
i kinda like the iPencil :shrug:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

shameful

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
much like timb, the pencil does not have to stay erect for very long like that to reach 100%

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
agreed

i mean at least draw a dickbutt smdh

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

if you have hey siri turned on, then it's pretty much that

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

loving loool

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the pencil is real good but yeah the charging is shameful. it at least comes with an adapter to use a lightning cable but that's one more thing to carry around and lose

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

apple is an adapters company that occasionally produces consumer electronics devices

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

extremely same

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

i kinda like the iPencil :shrug:

its good i use it all the time

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
i just don't get people's privacy responses

google glass: rejected due to being creepy as gently caress
xbone always on camera thing: rejected due to being creepy as gently caress
amazon echo: sold out

people don't mind audio of them loving in the lounge room just video i guess

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

amazon video camera in your bedroom?

probably also fine

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

infernal machines posted:

amazon video camera in your bedroom?

probably also fine

gently caress, you got me. usually i mouseover a link first to make sure its not the verge

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there's a bunch of coverage that's not the verge, but lol

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

podOS 2.0 will have Siri detect and hiss at your cat

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

SO DEMANDING posted:

biggest issue with it is indirect though, in that who would invest in a workflow around a new expensive "pro" mac with apples track record on following through with supporting and updating this stuff?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

biggest issue with it is indirect though, in that who would invest in a workflow around a new expensive "pro" mac with apples track record on following through with supporting and updating this stuff?

have you seen yosposters

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

idiots, people who could probably just use a regular imac but have to get the pro for :pcgaming: cred

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Fabricated posted:

have you seen yosposters

yeah them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

idiots, people who could probably just use a regular imac but have to get the pro for :pcgaming: cred

it's the only way to get the exclusive space grey keyboard and tragic macpad

plus 5 grand is just for the base model :getin:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol did they really create $5k imac?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it comes w/ dual 1080tis, right?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

qirex posted:

it's the only way to get the exclusive space grey keyboard and tragic macpad

oh, well poo poo, those are two peripherals i know i'll need to optimize my workflow.

again with the "pro" mac that completely misunderstands what anyone who has an actual use for one wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

it comes w/ dual 1080tis, right?

no because nvidia made stebe sad sometime around the turn of the century and now apple has to get by with whatever poo poo amd puts out

so it's a vega

• Locked thread