Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
i think at least 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

we should consider all alternatives without competent leadership at the department of hurricanes

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

u dont need nuclear weapons, just drink booze as needed p/o

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I think if it were possible dubya would've done it

unless he really didn't care about black people after all

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

honestly hurricane parties are legit I don't need radioactive isotopes to have a good time

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Broken Box posted:

honestly hurricane parties are legit I don't need radioactive isotopes to have a good time

yea m8 best hurricane party ever involved me doing a raindance high on euphoriants but wishing for some more appropriate ambiance

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!
you could probably get rid of the cyclone with a well-placed nuke in the megaton range, but you'd be left with a radioactive tropical storm

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Hodgepodge posted:

you could probably get rid of the cyclone with a well-placed nuke in the megaton range, but you'd be left with a radioactive tropical storm

This guy knows how to party.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html

the answer seems to be 'a lot of nukes. maybe all of the nukes? maybe more than all of the nukes?'

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
how about inject enough fissionable material into the hurricain that it naturally goes supercritical periodically which also has a side effect of powering the hurricane and make it more powerful, OP

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
you need super coolants

hurricanes only thrive with warm air created by super warm tropical waters

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

just drop some ice cubes in the sea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm all for radioactive super hurricanes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
or you get this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERSxT9eoqjc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

PleasingFungus posted:

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html

the answer seems to be 'a lot of nukes. maybe all of the nukes? maybe more than all of the nukes?'

ok but what about hydrogen bombs

mags
May 30, 2008

Baloogan posted:

how about inject enough fissionable material into the hurricain that it naturally goes supercritical periodically which also has a side effect of powering the hurricane and make it more powerful, OP

if it's heading to florida, yes

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what we need are big floating factories that extract uranium from seawater and burn it in breeder reactors and then spew the waste and fission products and materials in a big ploom. Then get a bunch of these facotires, and put them in the middle of a hurricain (they are mostly submerged so the hurricain doesn't damage them)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Baloogan posted:

so kinda like a hurricane mixed with a star?

i mean the southeast is going to die due to Republican policies anyway, may as well make those deaths metal so they enter valhalla

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
Even the NOAA agrees that nukes are a dangerous and unreliable way of powering hurricanes. What we need to do is take a lesson from our grandfathers and go back to the safe, plentiful, affordable coal that once made America great!

Imagine a vast armada of self-propelled, eternal, all-consuming hurricanes, fueled by our beautiful clean coal mined by true patriots from the heartland of real america, forever plowing back and forth between the coasts! The power! The devastation! JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!

:911:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Al! posted:

ok but what about hydrogen bombs
The trick is to go the other way, and use the teachings of judo on the hurricane. Use its strength against it and keep it off balance, changing its track away from your own shores through gentle and well-timed nuclear strikes.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

do you need to put the nuke in the eye of ths torm? i tihnk just 1

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Lastgirl posted:

you need super coolants

we need to put lastgirl in charge of our anti hurricane ops

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i bet the moab could take out a hurricane

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

i bet the moab could take out a hurricane

*extremely ron howard voice* the moab could not take out the hurricane

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

you need super coolants

the process of urea dissolving in water is endothermic (cooling)

you can stop hurricanes by turning them into pisscaines

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

horse_ebookmarklet
Oct 6, 2003

can I play too?
I'm not sure but jeb bush is too much of a pussy to do it if he were the president (but he isnt) [because he lost] {because he is no loving good}

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Thanks for the support but please say "iced poo poo sugar beverage" so as not to appropriate New Orleans culture

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang
how many retweets to get a lifetimes supply of hurricanes

K9
May 6, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The trick is to go the other way, and use the teachings of judo on the hurricane. Use its strength against it and keep it off balance, changing its track away from your own shores through gentle and well-timed nuclear strikes.

u just need the flap of a butterfly's wing

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
eternal forever hurricanes, glowing red and black with the power of coal, produced by the retweet-worthy labor of true black-lung-riddled patriots

slowly sailing from coast to coast and back again, belching coal dust, majestically, all over the heartland

MAGA

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Speaking of, what about nuking the ocean to lower the sea level?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Speaking of, what about nuking the ocean to lower the sea level?

sadly even republican science puts a "not yet" on this one, for what goes up must come down, and nuclear rain in the heartland is not planned until 2020

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i'm not saying don't nuke the oceans, just make sure clean coal is given the majority of the ocean-boiling grants

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

if the hurricanes are stronger than a nuke then why don't they make nukes? i think big hurricane doesn't wan't you to know how fragile they are!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Condiv posted:

if the hurricanes are stronger than a nuke then why don't they make nukes? i think big hurricane doesn't wan't you to know how fragile they are!

They're affiliated with volcanoes

mags
May 30, 2008

if we nuke the oceans we would finally have a use for all those nuke carrying dolphins we trained

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

mister magpie posted:

if we nuke the oceans we would finally have a use for all those nuke carrying dolphins we trained

all of those dolphins' grandkids are like "grandpa c'mon you don't have to do this anymore" whilst going ke-ke-ke-ke-kek off a 200th story balcony swimming pool

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
exactly 69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

Thanks for the support but please say "iced poo poo sugar beverage" so as not to appropriate New Orleans culture

"hangover juice" is also appropriately culturally sensitive

• Locked thread