Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I thought it was funny the first time enzo called someone chicken tenders and then he referred to someone as meatballs marinara, but I have been watching again since 2013 and I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I miss when wrestlers tried to gouge out each others eyes with jagged pieces of wood in a bloody I quit match, back when wrestling was real

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Joe and Heyman had a great segment where Joe came across as genuinely cold and scary. Then he barely won on a distraction finish. This company is terrible.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WadeBartender posted:

Roman actually knows how to wrestle good matches though, the only thing Alexa anywhere near his level is the ability to make nerds horny but Roman's still better at that.

what the gently caress is this poo poo?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Bee posted:

Yes, but:

Seriously, what was the deal with that move? Between that and the elbow to the corner botchfest, a newer friend I've watched with basically thinks Bayley is a complete joke.

She's just having fun out there maggle!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bayley doesn't have what you need (or more accurately what they want) for the main roster.

You can get by well enough only being able to put on a good unrehearsed match, or a good promo. You can't be bad at both.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

WadeBartender posted:

Roman actually knows how to wrestle good matches though, the only thing Alexa anywhere near his level is the ability to make nerds horny but Roman's still better at that.
Alexa is leagues ahead of Roman on the mic, actually. She's definitely not as good in the ring, although it'd be nice if she could be put in multi(wo)man matches with top tier workers and get to take a nap and then hit all her spots. Still, Roman's much better in one on one matches - but he sucks at talking.

It's very strange that the anti-Alexa posters consistently argue that a woman's only value is her looks :thunk:

Anyway Bayley in NXT had basically an identical character arc to Sami Zayn. She doesn't remind me of Cena at all, but I think that argument used to be about her potential merch sales. I'm not sure "I'm a hugger" is even going to compare to "Never Give Up" for crossover appeal though. I thought it was interesting that the dual chants at Extreme Rules were very deep voices for Bayley, and higher pitched voices for Alexa. I know its been mentioned in interviews that she has a lot of young girl fans... Personally I didn't like Alexa as a face, but with those existing fans, her natural underdog appearance (SO TINY) and her real-life overcoming adversity, she might fill the role that others expected of Bayley.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I played Overwatch during Raw and got Tracer's event skin, so a good Raw overall.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dromal phrenia posted:

It's very strange that the anti-Alexa posters consistently argue that a woman's only value is her looks :thunk:

WAIT A GOD drat MINUTE! WOMEN WRESTLERS ARE PEOPLE TOO? THIS IS GOING TOO FAR!

But yeah is really weird how the anti alexa people dismiss her only by her looks. VERY SEXIST!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Three hour raw, man it's tough. The Joe/Paul E segment was god-tier, but the show felt extremely boring at points. A good ten minutes like that would make us all think an otherwise bad two hour raw was good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Since TLC 2015, the only time an IC title PPV match didn't involve either Ambrose or Miz was last year's Fastlane.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

DoctorGonzo posted:

WAIT A GOD drat MINUTE! WOMEN WRESTLERS ARE PEOPLE TOO? THIS IS GOING TOO FAR!

But yeah is really weird how the anti alexa people dismiss her only by her looks. VERY SEXIST!

Most of the anti Alexa people talk about her in ring ability from what I see.

DoctorGonzo spreading fake news again.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

Alexa is leagues ahead of Roman on the mic, actually.

you say that as if that's some kind of accomplishment

being a better promo than roman reigns, the unvaultable bar

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, but the implication is the only reason the rest of them like her is because of her looks.

Has Wonder Woman taught you nothing?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Do not even ask posted:

Make Alexa cut a promo on tater tots and magic beans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhonne posted:

Make Alexa cut a promo on tater tots and magic beans.

We've had enough promos about high school Bayley for now.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Do not even ask posted:

I mean it'd be pretty hard to vault over Cesaro or Sheamus, they're pretty tall

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Do not even ask posted:

She's a better promo than almost everyone - and certainly all of the other women. The reason I specified Roman Reigns is because the claim was, and I quote: "Roman actually knows how to wrestle good matches though, the only thing Alexa anywhere near his level is the ability to make nerds horny but Roman's still better at that."

Please post better!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I bet Eugene would have loved having some wacky waving inflatable armed Bayley-Buddies

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Titus Brand is lit

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I miss when wrestlers tried to gouge out each others eyes with jagged pieces of wood in a bloody I quit match, back when wrestling was real

*talks with marbles in mouth, pretends to be 12 years old*

ah yes, this is the stuff. there is no in between

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

She's a better promo than almost everyone - and certainly all of the other women. The reason I specified Roman Reigns is because the claim was, and I quote: "Roman actually knows how to wrestle good matches though, the only thing Alexa anywhere near his level is the ability to make nerds horny but Roman's still better at that."

Please post better!

i legit can't stand alexa's promos

like i always cringe whenever she talks, it's like watching marty scurll's shtick, i get second-hand embarrassment

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

dromal phrenia posted:

Alexa is leagues ahead of Roman on the mic, actually. She's definitely not as good in the ring, although it'd be nice if she could be put in multi(wo)man matches with top tier workers and get to take a nap and then hit all her spots. Still, Roman's much better in one on one matches - but he sucks at talking.

Anyway Bayley in NXT had basically an identical character arc to Sami Zayn. She doesn't remind me of Cena at all, but I think that argument used to be about her potential merch sales. I'm not sure "I'm a hugger" is even going to compare to "Never Give Up" for crossover appeal though. I thought it was interesting that the dual chants at Extreme Rules were very deep voices for Bayley, and higher pitched voices for Alexa. I know its been mentioned in interviews that she has a lot of young girl fans... Personally I didn't like Alexa as a face, but with those existing fans, her natural underdog appearance (SO TINY) and her real-life overcoming adversity, she might fill the role that others expected of Bayley.

I've got a six year old who loving loves Bayley and hates Alexa, but she fell in love with Bayley with how she was presented on NXT, a loveable girl who was true to herself and was ultimately a winner despite adversity. Bayley on Raw doesn't seem to be that.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Reminder that pre-NXT title chase Bayley was losing matches to Emma and Dana Brooke in a feud over her hairbands being stolen

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
wrestling has stayed the same just the people watching it have gotten worse

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I think it's both

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

wrestling has stayed the same just the people watching it have gotten worse

I can believe this

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Reminder that pre-NXT title chase Bayley was losing matches to Emma and Dana Brooke in a feud over her hairbands being stolen

You don't gently caress with a six year olds headbands.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rhonne posted:

Most of the anti Alexa people talk about her in ring ability from what I see.

and then claim people only like because of her looks

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
All we need to complete the failure is a video package on Izzy throwing her Bayley merch and souvenirs in the garbage because she's such a loser. Might as well take Bayley to rock bottom and have her claw her way back up since they've damaged her so much already.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make Bayley into an angry, bitter character who doesn't care anymore, but make her still use Hugger instead of swearing like that Snickers commercial.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Tato posted:

All we need to complete the failure is a video package on Izzy throwing her Bayley merch and souvenirs in the garbage because she's such a loser. Might as well take Bayley to rock bottom and have her claw her way back up since they've damaged her so much already.

apparently izzy was at extreme rules so footage of this might already exist

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Bee posted:

Yes, but:

Seriously, what was the deal with that move? Between that and the elbow to the corner botchfest, a newer friend I've watched with basically thinks Bayley is a complete joke.

I'm not sure why this move baffles goons so much. It's supposed to be a silly playful move that frustrates the heel because it makes them look silly. Like how is that confusing at all.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Man if Bayley went to hug Izzy and then Izzy stood up in a Little Miss Bliss shirt

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Do not even ask posted:

i legit can't stand alexa's promos

like i always cringe whenever she talks, it's like watching marty scurll's shtick, i get second-hand embarrassment

I think this is your own poo poo you need to deal with.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

I'm not sure why this move baffles goons so much. It's supposed to be a silly playful move that frustrates the heel because it makes them look silly. Like how is that confusing at all.

It sounds like the friend isn't confused at all, as they think the person who does joke moves is a joke.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

It sounds like the friend isn't confused at all, as they think the person who does joke moves is a joke.

I didn't realize Jim Cornette was a goon

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Yeah no other wrestler has ever had a joke move. You're right.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I didn't realize Jim Cornette was a goon

I find it hard to believe that someone who gets so mad about wrestling isn't a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

It doesn't really make the opponent look silly, though. They're just laying there while Bayley looks like she's having an episode.

• Locked thread