Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Erebus posted:

It doesn't really make the opponent look silly, though. They're just laying there while Bayley looks like she's having an episode.

So then why doesn't the heel move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

it makes me look silly for watching it, so it'd be a p. deece heel move

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Like seriously the psychology of the move is perfectly fine it really shouldn't need to be explained. It makes the heel mad because the face isn't taking this as seriously as them.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I find it hard to believe that someone who gets so mad about wrestling isn't a goon.

that is actually a really good point, so which one of us is cornette

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

So then why doesn't the heel move?

wrestling is theatrics and aesthetics, not logic, and bayley looks retarded doing that move

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

*The Miz spins and rolls all over Ambrose while Maryse goes wild clapping and cheering*

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MotU posted:

wrestling is theatrics and aesthetics, not logic, and bayley looks retarded doing that move

And the heel looks retarded for allowing that move to happen to them. Almost as if it's the point. Crazy I know.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I mean it's not like bayleys gimmick is that she is childish and silly.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

uh, as I ALREADY SAID, i am the one that looks like a retard and my mom, my boss and my high school crush all walk into the room right when she does it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

dromal phrenia posted:

uh, as I ALREADY SAID, i am the one that looks like a retard and my mom, my boss and my high school crush all walk into the room right when she does it

Huh?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

dromal phrenia posted:

Working for a family business can be sheltering

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

I mean it's not like bayleys gimmick is that she is childish and silly.

bayleys gimmick should really be she's a girl who followed her dreams while not being as conventionally attractive/has wrestling pedigree/indie cred as the other women and is always positive in the face of adversity but instead she's rolling around on the ground laughing like a fool and cant actually do poo poo on her own

she looks like an idiot nonstop in the booking she doesn't need a move set to add to that

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

bayley doing that move makes me, the viewer, look like a retard for watching her do that in my cartoonish fake fighting 3-hour-circus TV show.

and then authority figures and romantic interests from a very sensitive time in my life walk in, and think 'what a retard' and i am ashamed and my life is ruined. thanks bayley! wear the loving mask, bayley!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

like the spinning move is dumb looking but i think its occurred once on the main roster? the fashion police bringing mops and squirt guns has happened multiple times but no one really seems to care about that

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
next week angle gives bayley another title shot while she claps and drones yaaaaaaaaay while wearing a bib

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Raskolnikov38 posted:

like the spinning move is dumb looking but i think its occurred once on the main roster? the fashion police bringing mops and squirt guns has happened multiple times but no one really seems to care about that

fashion police are Expanded Universe they don't fully count

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's because they are men and this forum hates women.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MotU posted:

next week angle gives bayley another title shot while she claps and drones yaaaaaaaaay while wearing a bib

She can have a New Year's Bayley segment with Big Show.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

really the problems with bayley are:

1-99: being booked like absolute poo poo
100: once spun ontop of charlotte

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

yes this forum that has posters that lament that bayley being is being booked like absolute poo poo so she can't be an effective role model for girls hates women

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Raskolnikov38 posted:

really the problems with bayley are:

1-99: being booked like absolute poo poo
100: once spun ontop of charlotte

the Charlotte spin with bayley looking super stupid is a microcosm of her booking and like a sound bite provides a super quick way to get the point across

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MotU posted:

yes this forum that has posters that lament that bayley being is being booked like absolute poo poo so she can't be an effective role model for girls hates women

Lol sure ok.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bayley spinning around once is ridiculous.

Alexa throwing a tantrum in the ring like a literal child? MASTERFUL character work.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anyhow bayley is pretty much dead as a character now and i fear alexa is going to be a similar victim since instead of building off her squash of bayley they throw her into a lovely match with nia

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Raskolnikov38 posted:

We also don't get overly earnest promos about how the fashion police wrote poetry about being wrestlers as kids. They are clearly presented as joke characters, whereas Bayley is honest and hardworking and full of heart but also just happens to be a giant spaz

The_Rob posted:

lmao

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Lol sure ok.

I'm not talking about the people currently engaged in the bayley argument

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Alexa just said I know you are but what am I. Hahahaha give her every title. I wanna live in her rear end!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Erebus posted:

It doesn't really make the opponent look silly, though. They're just laying there while Bayley looks like she's having an episode.

Yeah, it looks like she's trying to do chain wrestling switches and just sucks at them.

Maybe if Bayley could emote.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Ahem get it right this forum hates minorities in general, just look at the reaction from PSP management to 'does steroids and injures opponents' Brock Lesnar and 'at least looks the part of a white guy while injuring opponents' Seth Rollins vs. when Jinder Mahal does the same white guy things they do.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Alexa just said I know you are but what am I. Hahahaha give her every title. I wanna live in her rear end!!!

the posting equivalent to rolling around on top of your opponent like an idiot

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Ahem get it right this forum hates minorities in general, just look at the reaction from PSP management to 'does steroids and injures opponents' Brock Lesnar and 'at least looks the part of a white guy while injuring opponents' Seth Rollins vs. when Jinder Mahal does the same white guy things they do.

I mean I dunno about you guys but I'd be COMPLETELY down for Roman Reigns if he was a white guy named Bill.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody recognizes Roman as non-white.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

apparently izzy was at extreme rules so footage of this might already exist

She was in the first audience shot of Bayley's entrance. They had a little 'Bayley Section' going on. Sad!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I can only assume that since Bayley has been called up, the light in izzys eyes goes out a little bit more every week and soon she will be a lifeless husk

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The_Rob posted:

I'm not sure why this move baffles goons so much. It's supposed to be a silly playful move that frustrates the heel because it makes them look silly. Like how is that confusing at all.
Goons are bitter, toxic people who will look for anything to be angry about

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

I can only assume that since Bayley has been called up, the light in izzys eyes goes out a little bit more every week and soon she will be a lifeless husk

this is how Vince stays alive FYI

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oldpainless posted:

So typical smark

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

anyhow bayley is pretty much dead as a character now and i fear alexa is going to be a similar victim since instead of building off her squash of bayley they throw her into a lovely match with nia

Hey now, Dana Brooke might be involved too, so there's a good chance that Alexa might just end up dead instead of just her character.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only good horsewoman has a new shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow that's a pretty good shirt, now as long as there's nothing stupid on the back, it'll be a worthwhile pur --

Ah. I see.

• Locked thread