Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Bee posted:

Yes, but:

Seriously, what was the deal with that move? Between that and the elbow to the corner botchfest, a newer friend I've watched with basically thinks Bayley is a complete joke.

I'm not sure why this move baffles goons so much. It's supposed to be a silly playful move that frustrates the heel because it makes them look silly. Like how is that confusing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Do not even ask posted:

i legit can't stand alexa's promos

like i always cringe whenever she talks, it's like watching marty scurll's shtick, i get second-hand embarrassment

I think this is your own poo poo you need to deal with.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

It sounds like the friend isn't confused at all, as they think the person who does joke moves is a joke.

Yeah no other wrestler has ever had a joke move. You're right.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Erebus posted:

It doesn't really make the opponent look silly, though. They're just laying there while Bayley looks like she's having an episode.

So then why doesn't the heel move?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Like seriously the psychology of the move is perfectly fine it really shouldn't need to be explained. It makes the heel mad because the face isn't taking this as seriously as them.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MotU posted:

wrestling is theatrics and aesthetics, not logic, and bayley looks retarded doing that move

And the heel looks retarded for allowing that move to happen to them. Almost as if it's the point. Crazy I know.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I mean it's not like bayleys gimmick is that she is childish and silly.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

dromal phrenia posted:

uh, as I ALREADY SAID, i am the one that looks like a retard and my mom, my boss and my high school crush all walk into the room right when she does it

Huh?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

like the spinning move is dumb looking but i think its occurred once on the main roster? the fashion police bringing mops and squirt guns has happened multiple times but no one really seems to care about that

It's because they are men and this forum hates women.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MotU posted:

yes this forum that has posters that lament that bayley being is being booked like absolute poo poo so she can't be an effective role model for girls hates women

Lol sure ok.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Alexa just said I know you are but what am I. Hahahaha give her every title. I wanna live in her rear end!!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Is that shirt supposed to look like a knockoff Starbucks logo?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86GmuCQ7K0Y

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

12 1/2 minutes to say hey this guy digs satan

I like how he says which such authority that Cena is constantly throwing up the 666.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in how much detail do agents plan out matches anyway? is it like step by step or more "yeah and then you hit your big spot at around this time"

There has been a lot of stuff coming out about matches being pretty much fully scripted. Also Bayley did that move in NXT and got over just fine. Which means that she is being booked poorly leading to fans not caring.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Clearly the executives who work backstage and have no interest or history in the business of wrestling know what's best and it's the talent that are trying to kill the business.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

Or it's the obvious reason why everyone has mentioned a dozen times.

What were those exactly?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

They almost never have to talk in NXT or run their own matches.

So then what is the difference in wwe when it's been pointed out that the matches are pretty heavily scripted and are practiced out.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

The difference is people saying that are incorrect?

House shows don't run the same match as the PPVs. They run the same matchups and test some spots but being able to have a match flow is important.

Those guys still have good matches on the main roster.

Except Nakamura.

I've seen house show matches where they have the exact same match on a televised show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I want people to stop simultaneously jerking off about how WWE Is Bad Because Indy Geeks Suck quasi-gimmick posting while also making GBS threads on the few things about WWE that actually are enjoyable, like both midcard title feuds and for the most part most of the in ring action on PPVs. A lot of stuff in WWE is squandered. But that's 95%+ on the people backstage, not [insert wrestler here] being bad. It's dumb as hell and I genuinely can't tell who's joking and who is just stupid sometimes.

I agree with you very hard here. Wwe is bad for a lot of reasons but the talent is straight up not one of them.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

JT Smiley posted:

What is it about Alexa that attracts the worst fanbase possible? Is it because she dressed as Harley Quinn a couple times?

Why ask questions you already know the answer to.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I figure it's just the stop go booking. Where they are put into a feud with Cena, Cena wins then the dude is jobbing for the next year then they get a minor push, the fans don't care because we watched him job for the last year and then wwe stops pushing them again.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If you lose every match it means you just didn't want to win badly enough.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It can always get worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I said it already they should put Nia in a mask. She really does have to sweet of a face to be a heel.

• Locked thread