Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Somewhere out there is someone who thinks "this Seth feud,

this Seth feud,

this is the one feud Bray's gonna win, yep"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Since TLC 2015, the only time an IC title PPV match didn't involve either Ambrose or Miz was last year's Fastlane.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

wrestling has stayed the same just the people watching it have gotten worse

I can believe this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only good horsewoman has a new shirt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Make Bailey feud with Stephanie McMahon. The feud ends with Bailey's catastrophic loss at the next Wrestlemania, and then Bray Wyatt comes out and they hug and cry.

Bray would lose a feud to Bayley's inflatable tube men

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

WWE plans to distribute the Mae Young Classic tournament in a different way, PWInsider.com has exclusively confirmed.

The plan is to film the 32-woman tournament on 7/13 and 7/14 at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida for the WWE Network.

The Network will debut a preview special for the tournament on 8/20 with the first round of the tournament being released via Video on Demand the final week of August as a way to let fans binge the "episodes."

The second round will be released the first week in September, again via the VOD service. Initially, the plan was to release them Summerslam week but the decision was made to hold off so that the women's tournament was not overshadowed by everything else WWE had scheduled for that week, which is pretty smart.

The current plan is to hold the finals live on Tuesday 9/12. Currently, the only WWE event scheduled that day is a taping in Las Vegas for the Smackdown brand, so it may be that the finals of the Mae Young Classic will air live on the Network from Las Vegas.

WWE has already locked in a number of talents for the tournament.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Man that injury loving destroyed his chances on the main roster, huh.

Yep

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hardys on a reduced schedule the rest of the month at least. Reby giving birth soon

We missed out on having half the Raw champs not being on the show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

It's funny that everyone blames Kevin Dunn when no one has seen him for over 10 years

Nobody wants to blame the talent, which is weird at times because it's not like anybody else could be responsible for BayleySpinningOnCharlotte.gif

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes, tons of people who were great and over magically forgot how to be good going to the main roster every loving time. It couldn't possibly be bad writing, agenting, and too much micromanagement. No sirree. Not possible, everyone just sucks!

Of all the times for me to not have the link for one of the 17 gifs where Miz couldn't catch someone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

The past few years have shown me that everyone was never really any good. Except for AJ fuckin Styles who continues to have great matches and even carries non-wrestlers like Shane McMahon and Dolph Ziggler to decent matches.

I'm still unconvinced. Styles/Bray next Mania to settle this and so Bray can continue his streak

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

a dean ambrose push

World title? Never gonna happen again

US? Wait for the next draft

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Owens broke his thumb at a house show yesterday

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I personally would prefer to just watch wrestling and honestly comment on it

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/872245717481422849

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

If I'm a big Samoa Joe fan but I'm on limited data, should I watch Extreme Rules or this week's Raw?

(I bet the answer is Smackdown)

I'd say Extreme Rules. Match was far better and didn't end with a silly distraction

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It even says "work" on the ring apron

Everyone knows if it were real, it'd say "shoot"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

All the talent is to blame for WWE being bad because despite having eyes and brains they haven't figured out that the only way things will be good is banding together to unionize or oust the McMahons and their yesmen or just borrow some guns from HBK and Brock then take over the company violently.

Not being ironic either something needs to be done about Vince and his family because they're driving this boat not towards an iceberg but rather they're on a collision course with loving Antarctica.

You know someone would be a Hogan and snitch about the union attempt

The best thing about Cena being super part time is he won't be in or near the locker room anywhere near enough to do it. So I think it'd be Orton, because of course

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

John Cena posted:

This is why I have the reputation of quote-unquote “burying younger talent,” because I will let them do whatever they want with me — and then after they get done, they’re not as motivated. So, it’s not that I sink their ship, it’s that they fail to operate at an elite level. And I’m on to the next person, [to] whom I say, “Hey man, bring your best punch and I’m gonna punch back” — and they don’t take that attitude beyond me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/HuntRampaige/status/872316501361131521
https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/872319115163258880

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Called it in the last thread

Dave posted:

Alexa vs Bayley - DUD

The only rating that would have ever made sense, return of the DUD

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

House of Horrors was bad and a terrible end to a lovely feud that also wrecked one of the few times they'd started making Bray an actual credible threat.

The Bayley/Alexa match was far, far worse and absolutely deserves the DUD rating, it was appallingly bad and a massive blow to Bayley

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

She certainly is better at swinging a stick than she is at wrestling, I will give you that.

VJeff posted:

Oh, no, you misunderstood me.

She sucks at wrestling and should be a manager instead.

She's basically the Enzo of the women's division. With, I'll grant, a snappier DDT.

:agreed: but understood the first time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spikeguy posted:

What is this in reference to?

Part of an interview he did with TheWrap

Full quote posted:

I believe that it’s a ‘Strong Survive’ environment, and accept nothing less. I think people forget my [history] in WWE sometimes and the fact that I truly had to earn every inch. There is this overwhelming perception that I am protected and coddled — that couldn’t be father from the truth.

Every single opponent that I have, if they don’t realize that I give them free range to throw their best punch — and just know that I’m going to punch back — I openly let that be known. I just think it’s something that goes vastly overlooked.

I just believe you bring your best to every story and you bring your best to every fight. And if my skills aren’t as good, then it’s time to step back. It’s just a matter of believing in myself and going out there and speaking from the heart. I believe that sometimes that’s something missing in some of the WWE storylines … being honest and brave enough to put everything out there on the table.

I’ve always done that, and I think the same could be said about multiple storylines with multiple Superstars … and it’s always with me.

This is why I have the reputation of quote-unquote ‘burying younger talent,’ because I will let them do whatever they want with me — and then after they get done, they’re not as motivated. So, it’s not that I sink their ship, it’s that they fail to operate at an elite level. And I’m on to the next person, [to] whom I say, ‘Hey man, bring your best punch and I’m gonna punch back’ — and they don’t take that attitude beyond me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

This but unironically. Rusev is the only recent Cena feud that hasn't gone on to win the world title.

Rusev got stuck with poo poo like the Dolph feud and the League of Nations where none of his matches post-Cena really stood out as Must See and then got hurt

Owens had a mediocre world title run and then a stereotypical foreigner midcard title run where none of his matches post-Cena really stood out as Must See

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Basically all of Owens' title defenses were loving awesome must see matches. You can say a lot about that run, but you can't impugn Owens' efforts in the slightest, dude fuckin' brought it every single time. The only exception I can think of is RoadblockENDOFTHELINE.

Like, if the match he had with Rollins on Raw isn't must-see, nothin' is.

The Goldberg match, obviously not. The HIAC match, wasn't even the best HIAC match on that card. Roadblock had that stupid finish, Rumble match was good but again wouldn't say it was the best match on the card (Styles/Cena being there admittedly makes that unfair)

I might have just missed the Rollins Raw match (I'll be the first to say lol if you watch every Raw, and there's almost certainly been at least one great thing I've skipped of the many just by sheer law of averages) but everything else, to me, doesn't seem like something I'd put on a Best of the year list. The Jericho feud was great but that was after the world title was out of the picture

The_Rob posted:

I figure it's just the stop go booking. Where they are put into a feud with Cena, Cena wins then the dude is jobbing for the next year then they get a minor push, the fans don't care because we watched him job for the last year and then wwe stops pushing them again.

Pretty much. I don't blame someone for losing interest knowing they're in a peak point and it's all going to be downhill. And it definitely does happen with people against Cena, see: the Nexus, Damien Sandow, Umaga

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"Wins and losses don't matter" - HHH, the IWC's hope that the company will ever get better after Vince dies

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heel Bayley vs Face Nia

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rip: balls
https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/873233036275400704

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

I'm sure people in the company came up for a variety of excuses for why those cheers didn't count.

"everyone pops for surprises"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Imagine being a huge fan of a company and working your rear end off to make it there only to realize it is a predatory and uncaring meat grinder run like it's the mob and your don is a senile steroid-retarded muscleman fetishist.

If you get into the company after seeing what it's done to Punk, AJ Lee, Barrett, and people like Bayley who are Still There, I don't know how you don't expect this as the default

If it doesn't break you, you got off lucky

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ronda's following WWE people on Twitter now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Does this help or hurt his chances of ever getting a Mania win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They know everyone's gonna watch basketball or Sony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU