Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

Lesnar being the champ has kinda done a number on my interest. He's rarely on TV, and there's not a real sense of him being involved in stories or anything- he's a part time guy who shows up to work a few big matches, and so the RAW main event scene is just sorta quiet. It's like "Okay, but who should we be following? Who should we be rooting for?" It really doesn't feel like anyone is getting a push right now.

It's an incredible testament to how the WWE can get its audience to care about a thing when they really throw their weight behind it that the Universal Championship, which did not exist twelve months ago, is now inarguably The Belt, and the WWE Championship, the definitive title in all of wrestling, is sort of an afterthought--and it is also a sign of how routinely they shoot themselves in the loving foot that they spent all that time getting the Universal Championship over so they could ensure it was almost never actually on WWE programming, and now they want everyone to pay attention to the shocking things going on with the WWE Championship but they've done too good a job of making it the less important belt.

also the WWE has 9 belts (13 if you count NXT) and the only face holding one is Naomi; that's pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

One of the biggest factors in wrestling is how well creative and booking cover up a wrestler's flaws and accentuate their strengths, hence why The Shield was an amazing vehicle for Roman, why Brock has for most of his career been paired with someone who does his talking for him and why they paired Daniel Bryan with Kane so he'd gradually get taller, and every once in awhile you get a really special circumstance like this where not only are they going out of their way to not do that, they're actively taking someone's strengths away from them until nothing is left but the deflated husk of a tube man.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a company that told us that both Molly Holly and Mickie James were fat and therefore hideous and therefore unfuckable, and therefore worth less as human beings.

So yes, given that Bayley isn't blonde, nor has had enhancement surgery, I can happily say that they think that nobody would ever have been attracted to her.

man, I was a lovely teenaged dude when the MOLLY HOLLY IS FAT stuff started and even then I was just deeply confused and irritated

• Locked thread