Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

AlmightyPants posted:

Bayley is the face they need to build around to replace Cena and they can't loving see it for some reason.

I have followed her since before she was even that popular in NXT and the fact that people actually believe this is absolutely baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

People believe it because they saw and were told by every pundit and insider that Bayley has a unique ability to connect with children, both the young boys who already watch the show and acting as a draw to young girls who don't watch the show. She also has a poo poo ton of marketable features to her character and outfit that can translate into merchandise.

We were told for years and years that the reason WWE ignored their audience reactions and core fanbase's dislike of Cena was because he was popular with kids and sold so much merchandise that nothing else mattered. The logic is pretty clear: Bayley connects with kids, in fact even more than Cena if she can pull in little girls without losing little boys, and she's super merchandiseable, and as the cherry on top she was the one out of the Four Horsemen of their WOMEN'S REVOLUTION(tm) that the core fanbase liked the most. If she can do everything that Cena could do, plus everything Cena COULDN'T do, you would have to be an idiot not to push her as your top star, especially in an era after Ronda Rousey already proved that a woman could fill that Top Star role even in a male dominated sport if she's handled properly.

I don't know if I agree with all of that, but I certainly don't find myself in shocked disbelief that anyone could think it.

All of this was always theoretical since NXT is like an alternate universe, so I never saw a reason to buy any of it and the bigger the claim, the bigger my disbelief. Wrestling pundits are also dipshits, and I like to kiss my own rear end.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I thought it was funny the first time enzo called someone chicken tenders and then he referred to someone as meatballs marinara, but I have been watching again since 2013 and I agree

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I miss when wrestlers tried to gouge out each others eyes with jagged pieces of wood in a bloody I quit match, back when wrestling was real

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Bayley should quit wrestling and manage a Chuck E. Cheese

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

VJeff posted:

She'd probably be better than JBK at least.

JBK sucks

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That's John Bradshaw Kane for those who don't know

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Tato posted:

Samoa Joe kicking Bayley's rear end while Finn don't appear on the show at all = ratings increase. Give the people what they want

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bayley needs to leave wwe, go to japan, and then redebut in wwe as a fake japanese ninja wrestler

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

She's not wrong and also can't possible far any further than valet for cruiserweights, so.

they could bring back brodus and make her his valet

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

although i guess tyrus is a guess analyst on fox news now. what else is that fat gently caress up to?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That DICK! posted:

about 700 pounds hahahaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

hell yeah

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Dr. Baker posted:

What should we call it now?