Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

dromal phrenia posted:

Alexa is leagues ahead of Roman on the mic, actually. She's definitely not as good in the ring, although it'd be nice if she could be put in multi(wo)man matches with top tier workers and get to take a nap and then hit all her spots. Still, Roman's much better in one on one matches - but he sucks at talking.

It's very strange that the anti-Alexa posters consistently argue that a woman's only value is her looks :thunk:

Anyway Bayley in NXT had basically an identical character arc to Sami Zayn. She doesn't remind me of Cena at all, but I think that argument used to be about her potential merch sales. I'm not sure "I'm a hugger" is even going to compare to "Never Give Up" for crossover appeal though. I thought it was interesting that the dual chants at Extreme Rules were very deep voices for Bayley, and higher pitched voices for Alexa. I know its been mentioned in interviews that she has a lot of young girl fans... Personally I didn't like Alexa as a face, but with those existing fans, her natural underdog appearance (SO TINY) and her real-life overcoming adversity, she might fill the role that others expected of Bayley.

I've got a six year old who loving loves Bayley and hates Alexa, but she fell in love with Bayley with how she was presented on NXT, a loveable girl who was true to herself and was ultimately a winner despite adversity. Bayley on Raw doesn't seem to be that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Reminder that pre-NXT title chase Bayley was losing matches to Emma and Dana Brooke in a feud over her hairbands being stolen

You don't gently caress with a six year olds headbands.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Shima Honnou posted:

All the talent is to blame for WWE being bad because despite having eyes and brains they haven't figured out that the only way things will be good is banding together to unionize or oust the McMahons and their yesmen or just borrow some guns from HBK and Brock then take over the company violently.

Not being ironic either something needs to be done about Vince and his family because they're driving this boat not towards an iceberg but rather they're on a collision course with loving Antarctica.

Luckily Antarctica's melting baby. Now who's the dummy?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Shima Honnou posted:

one of my friends posted a picture of himself in Roman vest and gloves what should I do

Are you friends with Roman Reigns?

• Locked thread