Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bayley doesn't have what you need (or more accurately what they want) for the main roster.

You can get by well enough only being able to put on a good unrehearsed match, or a good promo. You can't be bad at both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, but the implication is the only reason the rest of them like her is because of her looks.

Has Wonder Woman taught you nothing?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhonne posted:

Make Alexa cut a promo on tater tots and magic beans.

We've had enough promos about high school Bayley for now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make Bayley into an angry, bitter character who doesn't care anymore, but make her still use Hugger instead of swearing like that Snickers commercial.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Erebus posted:

It doesn't really make the opponent look silly, though. They're just laying there while Bayley looks like she's having an episode.

Yeah, it looks like she's trying to do chain wrestling switches and just sucks at them.

Maybe if Bayley could emote.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody recognizes Roman as non-white.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rubbing someone like that with your body against their will is not something a children's role model should be promoting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

reignofevil posted:

Wwe isn't a sport for things a children's roll model should promote.

Bayley is a good role model because as we saw Sunday she doesn't do any offense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tomahawk posted:

Every bayley promo is like when the news interviews someone live on the street but they turn out to be a dumbass except WWE never cuts away

If Bayley started entering to the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt theme song i would like her a lot more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good thing they don't have any countries where the network isn't VOD oh wait

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Wait, what the hell? :stare:

In Canada, and probably other places but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just us, it's a regular TV channel only.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eli Wiggum posted:

Keep up with the hilarious "Bayley is bad" posts everyone. Really funny poo poo :iamafag:

Thanks I will.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes, tons of people who were great and over magically forgot how to be good going to the main roster every loving time.

Or it's the obvious reason why everyone has mentioned a dozen times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What in the ever loving gently caress does this have to do with anything? Yes, talent botches. That's clearly the issue, not the systematic terrible writing, worse booking, and a fundamental either lack of knowing what works in wrestling, promos, and character work, or just not giving a gently caress that the people backstage are largely terrible.

Plus the one where Miz is a moron and doesn't know what the Twist of Fate is is much better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

What were those exactly?

They almost never have to talk in NXT or run their own matches.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

So then what is the difference in wwe when it's been pointed out that the matches are pretty heavily scripted and are practiced out.

The difference is people saying that are incorrect?

House shows don't run the same match as the PPVs. They run the same matchups and test some spots but being able to have a match flow is important.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'd buy that for PC guys and gals, not Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Finn Balor or the entire cruiserweight division which I consider an extension of NXT. WWE has absolutely awful writers, bookers, and to a lesser extent agents.

Those guys still have good matches on the main roster.

Except Nakamura.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NXT is better at getting no talent over.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doesn't Joe fall back for the muscle buster or does he do a sit out?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay yeah, that's what I thought. I know I've seen the sit out before but was pretty sure that was outside WWE.

They've allowed much more dangerous moves that have caused injuries to keep being used, and kill that one with one unfortunate accident. It's a fancy fisherman suplex, it seems pretty safe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

To be fair, he almost killed Tyson Kidd with it so I can understand why they'd be reluctant to let him use it on the main roster.

Who?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Charlotte just seems determined to talk in a weird cadence. She could probably be better if she just spoke normally.

They give her the worst "fellow kids" material though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why does Balor always pose like that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benne posted:

Kalisto/Crews ***1/4
Miz/Ambrose ***1/4
Swann & Sasha/Dar & Alicia **1/2
Alexa/Bayley DUD
Shemus & Cesaro/Hardyz ***1/4
Neville/Aries ***1/4
Five way ****1/2

Dave is openly generous when it comes to rating bad WWE matches, so Alexa/Bayley getting the DUD while House of Horrors didn't is ... something.

The house of horrors at least had wrestling in it. All I remember from the kendo stick match is 2 suplexes and a ddt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They both came out of the House of Horrors alright. Bray looked like a loser, but Bray is a loser so it's fine.

The kendo stick match was a character assassination. The dud's obviously for the booking anyway, it's not like Alexa or Bayley blew the match. They did what they were supposed to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bayley almost botched the suplex on the outside. VERY UNSAFE.

Alexa did the "beat the crap of the other woman" well.

That was storytelling. Bayley is so valiant that her body nearly rejected doing something dirty like an outside suplex.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

(actually shitposting aside, Bliss and Kendrick is a combination I would kind of love to see)

You're a monster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm just glad Bayley got squashed out of the title picture so now that when she has bad matches against other people and people point out they're bad, dumb Jimmy Howard fans (I'll refrain from naming anyone specific, I'm classy) won't be able to use lazy "Yeah but Alexa!" arguments.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Murphy finally getting the call up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Not complaining but why is Nikki in her underwear?

There are no photos from Total Divas where she is not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tomahawk posted:

Why are there multiple wrestlers that need to wear shirts. Is there a six pack shortage

Jinder has injected all the six packs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sugar Blaster posted:

they should do a backstage thing where two of the women get into an altercation about something and bayley runs off to tattle and have it broken up. then, instead of wanting to confront and fight her next time either of them run into bayley they're just like "ugh" because she's such a loser nerd tattletale baby that it's not even worth their time to pick a fight with her.

also film a segment where it's the talent on the bus during an overseas tour or something and bayley sits up front with her mom who volunteered to be the bus attendant.

I agree Bayley should be on Total Divas.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

drat, that's a real loss. The show leaned hard on Renee this season, and she was consistently the best part. I love me some Alexa, but I don't know if she can fill those shoes.

This is where DoctorGonzo posts the pictures he has of both their feet to compare.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nia was also on the PPV pre-show and came off as genuinely cheering on her friend Alexa rather than being a heel tearing down Bayley.

And she always has like big happy smiles in her promotional pictures. She seems too nice to play heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

you paid $150 for 4 jpgs and a "sexy backstage video" didn't you

Onlyfans is a month by month subscription. Come on man, do your research.

• Locked thread