Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I came into King's Quest late on, and I only played The Princeless Bride. One of the not-good ones, from what I gathered 'round the net. Looking forward to this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

That's some turbo bullshit on that puzzle right there :catstare:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks for showing this game! :)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

If I had to guess, there's vampires in this game. One vampire at least. (I haven't played the game, so this isn't a spoiler, just my guess.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

mateo360 posted:

Now since the King's Quest Compendium was brought up earlier, here is how the writer justified the incredibly stupid Bridle Puzzle:

"Our king is amongst the most agile of people, and his sureness of both hand and foot have preserved him in several near-fatal situations. As a swordsman he is more the fencer than the hack-and-slash type who triumphs through brute strength. To dispatch the snake would take only a flick of his wrist, a flick of a moment.
Of course, he had forgotten about the bridle he stupidly had draped over the sword's hilt. It is through mistakes just as that dynasties change. But not this time.
With one swift motion King Graham made to grab the hilt and swing the blade through the air, so to slice the head from the serpent's body. His hand grabbed the bridle's silver bit instead, and still thinking he held a sword, he flicked it through the air. Graham's hand opened in surprise, and in result, he threw the bridle at the snake by mistake. But instead of the serpent slaying our monarch with its own quick kiss, the bridle magically transformed the serpent into a winged horse."

... This just raises further questions!!

Why would you even wrap a bridle around a sword? Then he grabbed the bit but thought he'd grabbed the sword? How?? And then he flicked the bridle at the snake and completely on accident managed to put it on the snake? What is all this :psyduck:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dracula what are you doing here? You're a long way from Transylvania.

(I was expecting a vampire the moment Graham found that wooden stake in the woods, but I wasn't expecting the vampire, the Count himself.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Something to try.... Hm....

>use sword on princess

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Can we >pet Manannan?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"You must allow me to bring you to an entirely different country with no guarantee of being able to go back and having to defeat an extremely powerful enemy. But in exchange I can totally save your dad's life!"

Sounds legit.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Bloops Crusts posted:

I had a (friend/family member) who owned this game. She got stuck on (bullshit part). Couldn't figure out how to (solve bullshit puzzle) and just stopped playing.

sierra_adventure_games.txt

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

DoubleNegative looked at the ruined footage, sighed wistfully, and turned off the computer. "No more for today."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oh my god, Cedric gives Graham the fingerguns :allears:

I'm all in for this trainwreck, let's go!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Welcome back :toot:

Growing up I was more of a fan of Lucasarts adventure games than Sierra, so it still amazes me just how many "Nope, you're dead now. Because gently caress you, that's why" gotchas these games have :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

He's the other sir Greywolf, sir Greywolf's brother, son of sir Greywolf and dame Greywolf.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

This is a very good puzzle. Every part has a logical solution, and none make you go "wait what?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm a bit disappointed that the LP won't show the whole series, but it's still a drat fine LP. You did a good job, and I was glad to see games I had no idea what they were like.

Thank you, and best of luck for your future endeavours! :)

• Locked thread