Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

logically the bridge should break after X number of crossings, however the riddles that you have to solve should also render the game unwinnable if you cross the bridge to read them in the first place

i feel like sierra didn't quite bullshit this up enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Sounds like you automatically give it to Neptune after you take the key.

more sierra bullshit, why would you give it to him in the first place

i know there's a puzzle in one of the games where you need to eat something to survive, you have a number of things you can choose to eat but only one is correct because you don't eat the whole thing; there is no hint that this is the case, and you have to give this half eaten thing to someone. i mean joke's on them for accepting it but wtf

Aug 24, 2011

spoilers: graham dies

Aug 24, 2011

how is king graham going to take his bride back across the bridge

Aug 24, 2011

i remember kings quest 3 as being really excellent so i am looking forward to seeing your playthrough of that

at least i think it was 3? the numbers all tend to blur together, hopefully my glasses aren't too rose-tinted

Aug 24, 2011

sfwarlock posted:

I dunno. 4 has its moments. Which I won't say even in spoilers.

if you walk onto a certain screen - which is coincidentally between you and a place you need to be - before you're ready instead of going around it, you become a dead man walking

the game does not tell you this

Aug 24, 2011

just realised the common theme between the two good kings quest games they both feature gwydion as the PC

Aug 24, 2011

can you win the game without doing this

Aug 24, 2011

FisheyStix posted:

No we won't. :(

Or will we?!

You actually do need the wizard otherwise you can't turn him into a cat

Aug 24, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Did nobody try putting the hat back on?

alexander does it like 5 minutes later and graham jumps up spry as an acrobat "wait where'd rosella go"

Aug 24, 2011

5 is horseshit, looking forward to 6 because 6 is really good

Aug 24, 2011

Deathwind posted:

I also started on V (sadly it was the 16 color floppy version), it is the peak of walking dead and guide-dang-it puzzle design

The Walking Dead but all the zombies are replaced by poo poo you forgot to pick up earlier

Aug 24, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

I had the VGA version and the fact that I still think fondly of it today is to my mind some form of Stockholm syndrome - I didn't have access to many other games. I thought that that version of the game looked great back in... 91? and I still do to this day. I have literally had nightmares about that loving scorpion and I doubt that I've ever actually beaten the game.

oh man i used to have nightmares about that knife mugger guy in the alley in leisure suit larry

Aug 24, 2011

Glazius posted:

I like how Genesta put in some goddamn guardrails for once.

genesta is actually an evil bitch who only got the title of 'good fairy' because she stole lolotte's guard rails, hence the entire rivalry

Aug 24, 2011

leg of lamb is bullshit. how would you know that graham will only eat half of it?

Aug 24, 2011

mordack is actually pretty hot, not sure why he needs to resort to abduction here

Aug 24, 2011

correct thing for mordack to do: "hey i'll deal with that vizier for you, but i want one date"

wrong thing for mordack to do: "i'm kidnapping you and now you're my scullery maid"

completely wrong thing for mordack to do: "i'm going to make this unrelated castle small and put it in a bottle"

Aug 24, 2011

i think you should do the short path then reload to do the long path, because that will let you play more kings quest 6, which is a good game

Aug 24, 2011

i like the part where alexander is in the two good kings quest games

i've already forgotten what 4 was about (not joking; reminder please?)

Aug 24, 2011

Zeniel posted:

Haha no wonder this game's the better one of the whole series, based on the items in that pawn shop they might well have actually paid attention to what the hell they were doing.

in a previous game, it would only be possible to choose one of those four items. you'd choose one and use it for a few different puzzles, but it would turn out at the very end that was the wrong choice and you're a DMW from the start of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

can you cunts save this poo poo until we reach the relevant parts of the game holy poo poo

• Locked thread