Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
This remake I am fine with. It's the next games remake I have... issues with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I've been considering starting a stream of the Police Quest series so I might do something for the thread

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Erpy posted:

He IS part of the official KQ series. You don't have to like him or the game he was part of to at least acknowledge that.

You change two names (King Graham and Daventry) and drop King's Quest from the title and you couldn't even tell it was suppose to be a KQ game.

on the Subject of 2AGDI.... yeah, gently caress its "Plot"

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

raminasi posted:

So Neptune kills you if you open the clam yourself before giving him the trident? I didn't quite follow that.

Yeah, I think you might need to start including what you are typing as I'm not sure what you did differently between him killing you and him handing over the key.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

You need to give Neptune his trident yourself in order to gain favor from him; he then will give you the key in exchange. If you steal from him and then give him his weapon back, he'll kill you with it.

It's finicky but it does make sense.

Robindaybird posted:

given the text also describes Graham as smirking after opening the shell with the trident, Neptune probably felt insulted that some mortal is lording over him.

I had to go back and read it again. The first part about him waving the trident is what was throwing me off as I though Graham was waving it to show Neptune he had it and was trying to give it back.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Now since the King's Quest Compendium was brought up earlier, here is how the writer justified the incredibly stupid Bridle Puzzle:

"Our king is amongst the most agile of people, and his sureness of both hand and foot have preserved him in several near-fatal situations. As a swordsman he is more the fencer than the hack-and-slash type who triumphs through brute strength. To dispatch the snake would take only a flick of his wrist, a flick of a moment.
Of course, he had forgotten about the bridle he stupidly had draped over the sword's hilt. It is through mistakes just as that dynasties change. But not this time.
With one swift motion King Graham made to grab the hilt and swing the blade through the air, so to slice the head from the serpent's body. His hand grabbed the bridle's silver bit instead, and still thinking he held a sword, he flicked it through the air. Graham's hand opened in surprise, and in result, he threw the bridle at the snake by mistake. But instead of the serpent slaying our monarch with its own quick kiss, the bridle magically transformed the serpent into a winged horse."

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

HomestarCanter posted:

Peasant's Quest as my first ever LP, hmm? I might just do that. If anyone who actually knows what they're doing wants to try it instead, though, be my guest.

If you don;t I may take up the challenge

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Snorb posted:

There was Mask of Eternity, which I will absolutely defend as a good game to this day. Just let's not talk about the ending.

Mask of Eternity is an ok game. It's god awful as a King's Quest game though.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Glazius posted:

Man, I don't want to know how that old rotting fish is going to come in handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Robindaybird posted:

Ugh, I definitely prefer Jollo's other portrait.

Bifauxnen posted:

:same:

Jollo's other portrait was so refreshing, a clown who just looked like an average guy with a slightly goofy outfit is all. A performer, but not a caricature. A thoughtful friend, who even I could like when I normally loathe all clowns.

I think when I first played 6 it was the DOS version with the voices in since I was using one of the collections and got really surprised when thing went to the windows version. Jollo's face looks way to swollen.

• Locked thread