Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
No bad death puns? Boo. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Erpy posted:

Don't worry, there's an example of bullshit logic coming up later that makes the gnome puzzle from the last game feel sensible and even made the writer of the semi-official King's Quest companion guidebook/novelisation throw his hands up and say "screw this"!

There was a what?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

What happens if you steal the key and don't give the trident back? More items means more points, right?

Sounds like you automatically give it to Neptune after you take the key.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:psyduck: What the hell is the logic behind that puzzle? That's just straight up bullshit!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I'll be honest, that timer mechanic really seems interesting. This being a Sierra game though, I highly expect some bullshit to come out of that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:psyduck: That's just complete and utter bullshit. Did they actually want players to win back then, or were they just trying to see how much they could frustrate players?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

He was intended to be a helper character. He does not accomplish that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

hyphz posted:

I just love the fairytale ending of the rhyme here when you solve it.

Oh, and you can magic map out of there in any of the 15 second blocks, so there’s no DMW here either.

It’s so good I’ll forgive how the gnomes, just based on having heard “a man” from one of their buddies, suddenly become capable of finding and grabbing Alex’s arms and legs..

On the other hand HOLY poo poo the new portrait for Grovenor is terrifying.

I'm surprised at how friendly this game is compared to what the last game was with all the nonsensical solutions and DMW scenarios that plagued it. I'm honestly tempted to play this myself.

• Locked thread