Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Ah King's quest. I only played the later ones but I did watch my parents play these ones. Such memories. Well at least this version is less likely to make you tear your hair out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Wait, didn't Graham kill Dracula? How is he at the wedding, which is even in a church?

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

A new narrator? Fitting for what is to come.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

And now we have a villain in King's Quest, after all the witches and hazards of the previous games were just around, they weren't actively planning to cause pain and death to you.

Also, anyone know who the narrator is?

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Because Manannan is a paranoid jerk, as well as an evil wizard who can just zap things he doesn't like after all.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

And that detail about having go up and down that path is one of the hardest parts of this game. Such a pain in the neck.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Ding dong the wizard is a cat! Hmm, I'm not sure if defeating Manannan so early was a good idea. Through we'll see if that is right or not soon enough.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Glazius posted:

So the magic stops working when the king is sad? That's... useful.

Pretty sure that Manannan zapped it, after all, if he didn't have a way to mess with it he couldn't have kidnapped Alexander in the first place. Remember, old Manny is one of the most powerful magic users in these games.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Ah yes, this game finally. The first one I played, and the one which my mom played where I could watch. I had access to all of her notes and maps so it was much easier for me than most people playing it for the first time. Cedric's voice wasn't much a bother and Graham's fit him perfectly to my mind.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

there was an nes version :vince:

Yep. There's even a let's play of it in the archives. Some interesting changes in order to handle the difference in processing abilities.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I see you didn't know you could talk to the yeti, so you don't have its image. Oh well, here we are, at the villain's lair. We just need to get through the rest of his defenses, which certainly includes an angry ex-wizard, figure out how to make our family normal size, and then defeat him. Well, good luck Graham. You're going to need it.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Deathwind posted:

I've played this game to death but I can't remember what it's for. I don't think it's puzzle is strictly mandatory.

Its puzzle isn't mandatory, but if you think about the characters we know to be in the castle it should be somewhat clear.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

If my memory is right, that little thing on the ceiling is a hint. Follow it and it will lead you to the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

DoubleNegative posted:

: My name is Princess Cassima from the Kingdom of the Green Isles. My father, the King, employs a horrible Vizier who befriended Mordack. When Mordack saw me, he immediately wished to marry me and bring me here.

I'm guessing Alexander didn't listen much to Graham when they got back to normal size. She did say that Abdul and Mordack were friends. Through it would have been interesting if Cassima had agreed to marry Mordack, because then there would likely be a showdown between those two villains.

• Locked thread