Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Very nicely done. KQ1 was a little more free-form than I'd expected (multiple items you could give away for puzzles for various point levels etc.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I didn't play this one much as a child - III was borrowed from a friend and V available from local shops - but I do remember they bothered to have different responses for "undress" depending on if you were behind a tree or not (and neither was the Police Quest one).

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Aces High posted:

So what were the "good" Sierra games as far as Sierra deaths are concerned?

Police Quest 1 is pretty good. You get a lot of surprise deaths, but almost all of them are caused by something close by so you shouldn't lose much progress. When you do something dumb, the game is not very consistent on choosing between telling you it's dumb and killing you. PQ2 has some rougher dead man walking scenarios and felt like a lot of worse deaths.

Conquests of Camelot is absolutely fantastic. It has more and more interesting deaths than PQ, and the main way to be far removed from the cause of death requires the player to be doing something they know is very very bad to make the game easier. However, it probably also has more deaths that are a few screens behind (not a huge distance, but enough that you might be a little annoyed?). I'd like to see a proper LP of this game, not impossible that I'll do it myself sometime but LP skills/laziness are likely to prevent it.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

At the cost of an extra animation, having the eagle leave you a bone from the meat and letting you trip the yeti with the bone would have been a good solution!

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

MagusofStars posted:

Assuming you came prepared with the items ahead of time

Big assumption, especially for the locket! That's always the worst with these games, when the error is far back and also not made obvious by the death.

• Locked thread