Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Cross, stake... King's Quest can't play this straight, not with the reputation for bullshit deaths and Sierra logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

You'd have to go really, really far-fetched to even logically stumble on that solution, but Medusa and Bellerophon. They probably went for "bridle snake" instead.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

It would be perfect Sierra dead end. Which means something like that will happen.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

About as legit as fae would be. And Rosella is the protagonist anyway, they are by universl law required to be reckless.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

I'd say those tales are too Grimm for KQ. Pun somewhat intended.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

raminasi posted:

Fun Clippy fact: He was the brainchild of an entire Microsoft research team specifically dedicated to creating "smart" office assistants. Another one they did was a genie who searched through your emails for dates to add to your calendar. I guess it never took off.

Then we got Cortana (as optional feature) after this. Also Alexa but she's not that "deep" AFAIK.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Yup, if you have even the vaguest idea of "bullshit adventure game puzzles" then you have at least heard about King's Quest V and the boot. Or the one where you have two logical options, except of course using one leads to dead end.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

If King's Quest were made in this same style today, especially mobile port, Roberta Williams might just go that route. Making the puzzles Sierra hint line-obtuse sounds equivalent 80s design philosophy.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

:cedric: Graham might have missed the poooooisonous snake without my advice :cedric:

But not really, that owl even got venomous wrong.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Classical mythology is filled with amazing and hosed up things, let's investigate those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

You'd be looking at VI, it can be forgiven at blind people :haw: How late-game specifically are those CIA documents so I can safely hover over?

• Locked thread