Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Item Getter posted:

Thanks for showing off the game,
By the way is there voice acting in the VGA version? After seeing an LP of King's Quest V long ago I can't help but hear the narrator lines in the voice of the KQ5 narrator..

The initial version of the AGDI remake (well, actually its version 2) only had voice samples for the characters. The fourth version, which the LP-er played, added updated artwork and narrator voice. The guy doing the narrator was a podcaster who had his own recording booth at home, so the audio quality is quite a bit above the rest of the voices and he really nailed the KQ-narrator tone. He also did a complete narration recording of the AGDI remakes of the second and third game.

People's mileage obviously varies on the KQ2 remake. One thing in the LP I felt like disputing was that the KQ2 remake was an awful game. I can imagine that if people hated the switched-around plot relevance of certain characters or the slightly fanficcy stab at an overarching narrative, they'll argue that AGDI's KQ2 was a bad attempt at a King's Quest 2 revamp or even a bad King's Quest game, but it's still a game that received a high degree of polish upon production, including a soundtrack made completely from scratch, a relative lack of screw-you puzzles, no way to save yourself into a walking dead situation and a coherent narrative. As a game an sich, AGDI's KQ2 is objectively better. (though frankly, since the original KQ2 design document was essentially a blackboard filled with post-it notes containing stuff like "Red Riding Hood" and "Dracula", that bar is quite low)

Erpy fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Nidoking posted:

Counterpoint: They attempted to work Connor into the story.

He IS part of the official KQ series. You don't have to like him or the game he was part of to at least acknowledge that.

The development team did kind of acknowledge that people might have trouble with that last part, so when you get to make the choice during the part he appears in, both options give you the same amount of points. (of course, the best option in that part involves avoiding the choice entirely :allears: )

Erpy fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 23, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

PurpleXVI posted:

Ah, King's Quest and the Sierra glory days. It's weird to me that the King's Quest got, I think, more installments than any of the other lines, when it was worse than Police Quest, miles below Space Quest and incomparable to Quest for Glory. I don't want to believe that they sold better than the good games did.

I suspect nepotism played at least somewhat of a role. King's Quest was Roberta's brainchild, so it was the first who got to take advantage of new technology as Sierra developed it. King's Quest 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7 were all very technologically impressive for the time they were released and KQ1, 4 and 5 all were the first to get to take advantage of a new engine. That in turn gave the games a higher profile than some of Sierra's other franchises.

The nepotism apparantly got silly at times. I once heard that the djinni in Quest for Glory 2 was initially supposed to be trapped in a lamp, but the idea got axed because King's Quest 2 already had a djinn in a lamp, so they were forced to change it to a ring instead.

Sierra's KQ2 is a bit of a weird game. Its graphics are slightly better than its predecessor and my version had 4 speed settings instead of KQ1's 3, but in some ways it seemed a step back. Unlike KQ1's sandboxy nature, KQ2's a lot more linear since you can only search for one key at a time, but it doesn't have an in-game plot that can take advantage of that linearity. Speaking of plot, KQ1's treasures, the villains who took them, the places they hid them and the circumstances in which they were taken were detailed in the game's manual. The keys from the sequel and the locations they were hidden weren't part of the plotline at all, so the whole thing feels slightly more disjointed. Like, they had a country and they had to add a couple of things in there, so Roberta just randomly put a couple of post-it notes with a handful of folklore figures in there and that's what the developers had to work with.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Don't worry, there's an example of bullshit logic coming up later that makes the gnome puzzle from the last game feel sensible and even made the writer of the semi-official King's Quest companion guidebook/novelisation throw his hands up and say "screw this"!

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Dr. Fetus posted:

There was a what?

Basically this. In the day, it was somewhat semi-official in that the author was in contact with Sierra, but not so much that his overarching narrative was ever incorporated into later games. The last edition covers KQ1 to 7. It's also over 600 pages thick.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 29, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
That one's in King's Quest 5, which is arguably the one with the largest amount of dead end opportunities in the whole series.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
ModEdit: Removed spoiler.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 5, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

quote:

Anyway, imagine that famous piece of organ music, but in "glorious" PCSpeaker. And it's just the opening bit over and over. So yes, for the thousandth time, let me reiterate: do not play this game with sound on.

If you enter the castle entrance screen with sound on, you actually get to hear a brief PC Speaker version of Michael Jackson's "Thriller".

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

ulmont posted:

Sadly, neither Thriller nor Toccata and Fugue in D Minor are present in the remake.

Probably because that section was intended to have a rather tense atmosphere and a Thriller remix suddenly being thrown at the player out of nowhere would have felt extremely jarring.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Robindaybird posted:

And I suspect the other reason is between the original release and remake, Michael Jackson had been more judicious in telling people to stop using his music without permission.

Apparantly there's a certain amount of bars you're allowed to use before it becomes infringement and a certain amount of adjustments that make it no longer subject to that and the guy who made the music for the remake was pretty familiar with how much leeway he'd have with that, so if he felt a Thriller-reference was appropriate in that place, he probably would have put one in that was tinkered just enough to avoid attracting the legal hounds.

Bloops Crusts posted:

I have more of an issue with some of the liberties they took with their King's Quest III VGA remake. Because that game actually *did* have a story -- it's the second-most beloved game in the entire series after KQ6 for a lot of people, including me -- and they injected their plot contrivances right into it. Didn't like that.

On the other hand, the KQ3 remake mostly tinkered the story at the margins and the plot structure as a whole is still pretty much the same unlike the remake of the second game.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 8, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
While the treasures in KQ1 were just random valuables (golden walnut, pouch with diamonds, diamond-studded sceptre, golden egg), the treasures in KQ2 (earrings, brooch, necklace, bracelet, tiara) were all part of a set of sapphire-themed jewelry and were essentially wedding gifts. It even said so in the manual, IIRC.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

whitehelm posted:

Not quite right. You get punished the FIRST time he catches you outside the house area, but after that he'll kill you for it. Also not feeding him does kill you because that's where the hard time limit is; there's only so many food items in the game (the remakes might be different, I don't remember).

The first time he catches you on the mountain path outside the house, he'll just teleport you back to the entry hall. The second time he catches you, he'll punish you. The third time, I believe he kills you. In addition, getting caught in the study or master bedroom while you're not supposed to be there generally gets you a warning first. If you ignore it, you get punished. Failing to do your chore in time also gets you punished. Failing to feed him also gets you punished. Getting punished (i.e yellow cards) about 3 or 4 times eventually gets you a red card. (death) The hard time limit is not running out food to feed him, it's running out of yellow cards you get for failing to feed him.

This limit is also present in the Infamous Adventurers remake, IIRC. The AGD Interactive remake has one particular food item that respawns so you never get into a dead end by running out of food there unless you time your save poorly and save far away from the spot where it spawns while the wizard is seconds away from returning, but that one's on the player.

The manual doesn't tell you about the asterisk in the inventory screen, but since the game specifically tells you you're carrying forbidden items if you're caught and since said items are mentioned in the copy protection section as being ingredients, it's not exactly rocket science to figure out.

Oh, and the wizard totally enters the kitchen whenever he decides to check on you. The description that the wizard rarely enters the kitchen is just flavor text that the game mechanics ignore when convenient.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Fat Samurai posted:

Let me guess: you need some of them to finish the game, so you can become a dead man walking in the first 5 minutes.

No. Once you deal with the wizard, food is no longer necessary and any excess food items in your inventory stop serving a purpose. (though you can always eat them yourself)

Erpy fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jul 18, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Ironically, when it came to spell creation, the AGD Interactive version was actually more faithful to the source material than the Infamous Adventures version. Neither team wanted to directly put information into their game that allowed you to bypass the original game's copy protection. (despite the fact that even then that information was a mere google search away from most people) The IA version simply listed the items you needed for the spell and if you had all the necessary items, clicking on the spell's symbol in the book instantly performed all the steps without requiring further user input. (if you lacked one of the items, you died) The AGDI version did require the player to undertake the steps listed onscreen themselves and changed the incantations and a few random steps to differ from the ones in the original's copy protection.

The IA approach was quick and simple (and arguably more userfriendly), though the insta-cast process did cause the player to frequently end up having to idle away too much time waiting for the wizard to return since the timer was balanced around the spell creation taking a while. The AGDI approach was more involved, with the timer still ticking down throughout the process and arguably did a better job in replicating the feeling of having to balance quick action in the face of time pressure with a steady hand of completing a meticulous process where screwing up a step cost you your life and that could not be aborted half-way through.

Bloops Crusts posted:

btw, sup Erpy.

Hi there.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jul 21, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Bloops Crusts posted:

It's hard for me to recall. I didn't play the Infamous Adventures remake, and I only played the AGDI/Tierra remake once.

I think Medusa was one of the major story changes AGDI made... Since she's sort of "dropped into" the original 1986 game without a lot of reason for being there, randomly, in a desert, AGDI fleshed it out a little more. I want to say they placed her in a cave instead of in the desert. And instead of being THE Medusa, she was a human girl who was bewitched and transformed into a gorgon, possibly by Manannan. Naturally the way you uncursed her was by putting a golden bridle on her. jk I dont remember

Yeah, in the AGDI remake, Medusa (or Smaude, as the game called her in the credits because the writer had a bit of an anagram fetish) wasn't a random encounter in the desert. Instead, in the northern part of the desert area (the remake's map didn't loop around) was a cave with a walkway around a glowing pit and a few alcoves with petrified people. Near one corner of the cave is Medusa (hidden in the shadows), who orders you to leave. If you try to take the amber stone, which in this game was in Medusa's cave rather than in the oracle cave or stuck around too long, she'd slither into the light and you'd get petrified. You could deal with her by using the mirror to petrify her or you could do the suicidal thing and approach her, which prompted her to tell you that if you would look upon her, you'd have to answer her questions from your heart. You'd get five questions, all of them could be answered by picking the goodie-two-shoes answer, centered around the aesop of true beauty lying within. If you got enough answers right, she'd be uncursed and turn human again. She'd tell you that she used to be a sorceress who tried to use the amber stone in a ritual to become more beautiful than any other woman. Her vanity tainted the spell, causing her to become hideous instead. She'd then let you take her treasure in exchange for your hand mirror.

Depending on how you dealt with her (ignored her, petrified her, uncursed her), one of the credits scenes would change. Oh, and she was voiced by Lori Cole.

quote:

Speaking of which, how's things going, Erpy? Is the team still together over at Himalaya Studios? Last I heard was that Lori and Corey Cole were teaming up again to make a spiritual successor to Quest for Glory, is that still coming along? Not to derail the thread too much or anything.

I'm afraid I can't answer that question, since I kinda retired from AGD Interactive and Himalaya after the KQ3 remake was released and stabilized. I had a lot of fun working on QFG2 and KQ3, but during those 8 years they also kinda consumed my life. ;) I wasn't ready to immediately jump into another project, especially one that was as ambitious as the game they were setting out to do. (in a way, it was basically another QFG) I did briefly help for a few months at the start, under the condition that it'd be temporary. I got a new job around that time too and wanted to avoid having additional commitments. So I'm afraid I can't really give you any updates. I do have faith the project will be completed at some point, even if its development seems to have taken as long as QFG2 by now. AGD2 always was one hell of a dedicated fellow.

And yeah, Lori and Corey Cole held a kickstarter for a QFG-like game. (set at a Hero University of some kind, kind of like an actual Famous Adventurer's Correspondence School) From what I heard, the project ran into more than a few hurdles, but it's still alive and kicking. I contributed to their kickstarter too, so I'm hoping to see the fruits of their labor eventually.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, kind of like that. I didn't particularly care for that plot element myself in SPECTRE, so I can imagine people weren't fond of its cousin in KQ2+, though in the remake's defense, it merely took something that KQ6 already lightly suggested and ran with it. (not to mention Hagatha being related to two other KQ baddies was apparantly canon enough to be included in the King's Questions if memory serves me correctly)

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Xander77 posted:

Can you tell us why the combat in the QFG2 remake was so terrible?

I can list design decisions that went into it, but explaining why it was "so terrible" is kinda tough since what's terrible for one person is fun for another...YMMV and all that.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

EorayMel posted:

So how fast do you need to be to do all of these things before the wizard returns and zaps you for leaving?

Depending on the RNG and the general knowledge the average person playing this game had back in the day, it seems you could be forced into a very strict errand run against the clock. Maybe even lose against it if you screw around too much or get exceptionally unlucky.

He returns around 30:00:00. Unless he used a hint guide, the average person playing this game back in the day found that out by dying.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

PurpleXVI posted:

Well, that's assuming the player realizes the bears CAN be leaving the house at all, and that they can be made to do so simply by leaving and re-entering the screen. If I was playing it, I'd probably just assume I needed something to get me inside or needed to do something on the screen to make them leave.

Anyone who played through KQ1's "is the witch at home" or KQ2's "is grandma or the wolf in the bed"-scenarios probably instinctively knew how to act in this case already.

Oh, and if he's home and answers the door, Papa Bear doesn't kick you south a screen, he merely slams the door in your face and Gwydion gets dazed for a second. You DO get kicked south a screen if Mama Bear is tending her garden (a third scenario not pictured in the LP) and you get too close to the flowers. (to get dew or just because you're a masochist)

There are actually five scenarios when you enter the cottage screen. The Bears are at home, the Bears are not at home, the Bears leave home, the Bears return home and the Bears are home + Mama is tending the garden. You can only enter the cottage in the 2nd and 3rd case.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jul 24, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

MagusofStars posted:

In the shop, do you need to know what to buy? If so, are there 'dummy items' that aren't purchase-able? Or buyable useless trap items?

Or does the game have mercy on you and stock only what you need?

If you look at the shelves, the four items you need to buy are mentioned. No other items are mentioned or can be bought. That said, I believe it's still possible to drink your way into a dead end by wasting your money on booze at the tavern, but that one's less of a "video game screw you" than it is the player willfully being stupid.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

EorayMel posted:

Can we eat the knife?

Or use KNIFE on WIZARD when he is asleep ala Sam Fisher?

That results in the message: "Your own death would result from that. He's too powerful for you."

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Randalor posted:

Is that something exclusive to the original version? The version DoubleNegative LPed didn't say anything about that, and I've never been a big fan of playing Sierra adventure games. Love following LPs of them, but I never had patience for the BS they pull on the player.

It is. Both Sierra and AGDI remakes force you to get the mirror and the chest before the shield location becomes accessible. The original AGI version allowed you to get the shield first and no-sell the threat from the giant guarding the chest. Didn't work with the dragon guarding the mirror though. The game points out that the flames from the dragon melt the shield. (and then you) So basically, the shield's bearer is invulnerable, but the shield itself is not. :)

Tiggum posted:

Also doesn't Graham have a magic mirror that could have told him exactly where his son had been taken and by whom?

This game actually gets into that.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

RoboRodent posted:

I spent a lot of time trying to work out everything in the remake of King's Quest I as a kid (though I never realised you could kill the witch, alas) and I'm trying to remember how I managed to experiment on the shield. It definitely is possible to get the mirror without killing/watering the dragon. The fairy grandmother's spell will protect you from the dragon's fire, and you can just waltz up to it and reclaim the mirror. That's actually the way I worked out how to get it first, before I found the dagger.

So theoretically, if you could get the mirror that way, you could come back later with the shield to test it against the dragon in the remake. It sounds like the sort of poo poo I used to do, but if I ever did it I can't remember the outcome.

Theoretically, but probably not in practice. My memory's a bit sketchy on this, but I'm fairly sure that in the remakes, once you have all three treasures, you can't enter the well anymore. You'll get a message in the spirit of "Don't waste any more time, you've got the treasures, return to the castle already".

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Outpost22 posted:

Let's think up some ways to make this section better! Maybe have the time based on what you do instead of a RNG?

It's not RNG-based. Just time-based. If you look at the magic map while on the ship, you'll see the ocean with Llewdor in the top-left corner and Daventry in the bottom-right. There'll also be an indicator of the ship and as time passes the ship slowly moves towards the destination. And yes, it takes a long while. I suppose the designers wanted to emulate the feel of a long journey, in which they succeeded. That does nothing to take away the frustration. King's Quest III is a game where waiting around for stuff to happen is part and parcel of the whole thing, but they kind of went overboard (pun not intended) with the ship section.

The issue with making time pass based on events is hard to imagine since there's nothing to DO on the ship. (aside from escaping the hold, taking the shovel and reclaiming your things) I figure this is one section the development team never had much ideas for or no time to implement them. Definitely filler stuff.

When the AGD Interactive remake was made, this was one section everyone was sure was not gonna be replicated 1:1. The remake eliminated the waiting around in the Llewdor part of the game by making it possible to use the bed in Gwydion's room to skip time until the wizard's next appearance. For the ship sequence, there was still the issue of there being practically nothing to do on the ship, but the screenplay the writer came up with had a small Treasure Island scenario added to the voyage and exploring the ship a bit eventually triggered a cutscene where the pirates discussed the buried treasure and went ashore sending you to brave the perils of the Island to retrieve it. Afterwards, the pirates had you do a few chores similar to what Manannan had you do to pass time and after doing those the time would skip to the point where the coast of Daventry came in sight and you were expected to escape.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The shovel is completely optional and from a meta-story perspective, pointless. It might be possible to escape without your possessions, but there's no way to complete the game without them.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

OAquinas posted:

It was...odd.

Take KQ3, remove the timer and BS waiting, make it darker, and add a few more puzzles. Not the worst thing in the world in comparison to its contemporaneous brethren, but since the source material didn't exactly take off either...yeah.

It still had a timer, just a different one. Despite Prydain not being a desert, you needed to drink every x minutes in order to avoid dying of thirst. Same with food, but at least there was an unlimited food item close to the start of the game that didn't need to be refilled.

It was also an AGI game without a parser. Instead, it had a generic "look around" hotkey, an item-selection hotkey, a "use current item" hotkey and a context-sensitive "interact"-key. The interface was remarkably progressive.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm pretty sure the usual way to tame a unicorn is to have a spare virgin laying around. I hope someone at Sierra asked why Rosella, a 17 year old princess, needed a bow and arrow to capture it and was fired immediately.

Yeah, I'm twelve.

There WAS a gag in the fifth Quest for Glory game where a unicorn head was one of the mounted heads on the wall of the Adventurer's Guild. The description said: "Legends say only virgins can see unicorns. You pretend you can't see it." :)

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
That's because she IS being pushed under by the water.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I believe that if you enter the Skull Cave before you're ordered to retrieve Pandora's Box, it'll simply be empty and there won't be anything to do there.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Prism posted:

There is actually another way to screw yourself over that was missed during the last update beyond having the shovel break on you, where you can put yourself in a dead man walking situation. I don't know if you intend to show it off since the text is basically 'well you shouldn't have done that, idiot' and you can't really do it by mistake, but it is a loss state, so... You can eat the fruit.

That's not technically a dead man walking situation though, since you can still complete the game, you just get a less than optimal ending.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 31, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

raifield posted:

W.I.T wouldn't have put up with Mordack's nonsense, just another way in which Quest for Glory is the superior adventure.

W.I.T. had Ad Avis as an official member (he'd refuse you if you asked him to sponsor you, but he WAS an accepted member in good standing at the institute) and treated the destruction of Shapeir as a mere inconvenience. Compared to some of the stuff Ad Avis pulled in Raseir, Mordack's relatively harmless...a couple of kidnapping charges, some of which he has a plausible reason for, nothing compared to turning an entire metropolis into a totalitarian dystopia and trying to completely destroy its twin city. W.I.T. would totally have put up with Mordack. They're not really bothered by any stuff that doesn't affect them personally.

Richard Aronson, the guy who voiced Cedric, is actually a pretty swell guy. I imagine he was totally aware of how annoying the character he voiced was, seeing that he was more than willing to reprise his role in the King's Quest 2 remake, which poked fun at Cedric.

The toymaker's accent is German, btw.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Bloops Crusts posted:

The person to ask that question of is Erpy, who's also posted in this thread. Erpy was actually a part of the Tierra/AGDI team, serving as community manager; I was just a guy who volunteered to read the script and check for spelling and grammar mistakes. (Found a lot of missing commas.)

Actually, the REAL person to ask would be Wookie, but he isn't here of course... The fan remakes were a collab between four people, Anonymous Game Developer 1 (programming), Anonymous Game Developer 2 (backgrounds and character art), Wookie (story and writing), and Tom Lewandowski (music). Wookie or AGD1 would know...

I don't know if there ever were plans to go past KQ3. There weren't ever plans to go past KQ2 for the longest time. KQ3 came as a total surprise iirc, like "Oh here's this game we didn't tell anybody we were working on and we've been building in secret all this time, enjoy!"

It's been a long time, but I think the core concept of the games was The Father desired the Crown of Daventry, wasn't it...? Which contained "the power of Legenimore" or something, which would allow him to apotheose and become a god. The Father was secretly Legenimore's brother, or some such thing... I think it was only alluded to in one of the books from the library in KQ2, and in the Cloud Spirit's trial for the Air/Growth Gem. Then The Father curses Graham at the end of the game, and the prophecy is fulfilled by the Sierra games. (Alexander's kidnapping, Grahams heart attack, etc.)

If you're curious about more black cloak shenanigans, I think Phoenix Online did a different King's Quest fangame called Every Cloak Has a Silver Lining... I didn't play it past the first episode, but they recreated the Isle of the Crown from KQ6 in beautiful 3D, it was very impressive.

Back when AGDI was still called Tierra I faintly recall a rough prologue and a rough ending scene of the whole Morgeilen arc in one of the private forums that I don't think migrated over to the new boards. The prologue essentially stated what was hinted at in KQ2+ and the treasure Island sequence in KQ3 Redux; that Daventry's First King (Legenimor) decided to cast his godly powers aside and appoint his first knight his successor rather than his brother because he believed the country should be ruled by mortal men instead of semi-immortals like himself. That his brother was pissed off at this and killed him, tried to claim Leginimor's power for himself only to fail because of the "Crown must be worn by rightfully appointed heir"-clause.

The second Cloud Test in KQ2+ had Morgeilen state he forsaw that Graham would eventually seek him out. In the ending scene, an aged Graham does just that and essentially tricks him into destroying himself. I'm kind of hesitant to elaborate because even though I think the odds of AGDI/Himalaya officially getting their hands on the KQ franchise and making a sequel are pretty much zero, it's still Wookie's writing. That's pretty much all, I remember. Just one short prologue and ending scene. That's kind of how KQ2+ got started too with Wookie slowly filling stuff in as development came along. (it helped that KQ2 had no real plot to speak of aside from its starting premise) If AGDI had ever taken on KQ4, the extent of the Father arc would probably have been just a small cameo, like the smashed statuette being visible somewhere in Lolotte's castle as indication of Morgeilen calling in a favor to try and have the thing patched up somehow, but nothing beyond that since KQ4 already had a more elaborate plotline. I don't even know if KQ3 Redux' "true ending" was written because the odds of a KQ sequel were already close to zero and Wookie wanted to insert some closure or if that scene was part of his vision all along. I remember asking him once and him being ambigious about it.

• Locked thread