Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Oh I remember this game. I remember losing my temper and never finishing it because Cedric was so annoying.
At last, I can finally know how this game ends without going through the personal torment of Cedric! Thanks for that, and I'm sorry for your suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

hyphz posted:

You know, I thought about how I really liked the Weeping Willow theme. Then I thought about how I really liked the Dance Of The Wallflowers in KQ6. Then I realized that they're actually incredibly similar. :p

When.. did Graham decide that? Cedric told him that Mordack's castle was over east of the snake. He didn't say anything about an ocean. Cedric also told him that alone he would have no chance against Mordack, so shouldn't he be trying to do something else before just marching over there? Or he's obviously enough of an RPG metagamer to know that mysteriously a bunch of stuff will happen on the way there that will result in him being fully prepared by the time he arrives?

Well, he is the king of the country. I'm pretty sure he's looked at a map at least once in his life. And I'm pretty sure that his adventuring days have left him prepared for all the various scenarios he'll come across. Like dealing with a bridge that collapses for no reason after you go across it an arbitrary amount of times.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

quote:

Yes, I'm going to post that every time Graham drinks. I had to listen to it, and now you have to read it.

Technically, you had to hear it, read it, and type it every time you did this while all we had to do was read it. ...Not sure how that's better for you.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
My feelings depended on the chapter mostly. I loved the first one, was ambivalent about the second, enjoyed the third, thought the 4th was decent, and the 5th one could have ended better. But I didn't think they were really bad at all. Considering how they were done, it's entirely possible for them all to have actually been in the normal King's Quest Universe. I did enjoy most of the humor and jokes, and who can regret facing off Wallace Shaw in a battle of wits where death was on the line?

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
And then there is poor third cousin twice removed MoonMoon.

...We don't like to talk about him.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Classical mythology, personally. Alice in Wonderland is something I can only read when I'm in the right mood and Dense Forests just don't offer as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

Eshettar posted:

I played Kings Quest 2015 last year and oh wow...it is truly bizarre to see Alexander as a polite gentleman in this game after an entire chapter of dealing with him as a broody teenager forced to spend time with his dad. Not that I'm blaming him for how he behaves, mind you. He was brought up by an abusive father figure who happened to be an evil wizard and all. I'm just struck by the difference between the two Alexanders even though their appearances are so similar right down to the green tunic.

I took it as the scenario with Kings Quest 2015 took place very recently after Alexander came home as a teen, and he's maybe around 25 in this game. He's had 7 years to grow up and change in my mind, so it makes more sense that he became a much nicer person being surrounded by people who actually cared about him.

• Locked thread