Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Roberta Williams saw the King's Quest games more like Roguelikes than the later adventure games. Saving was more for when you had to stop playing for whatever reason than savescumming through the entire game. You'd play through it from the beginning figuring things out as you went, so having bullshit deadend solutions was just kind of expected. That's how I always played them as a kid because I would forget to save, but I think a lot of people played them years after the fact so they had a more modern mentality that didn't really click with the game design they were going for. Even so, Quest for Glory was a much better game series and I wish they had way more money and time to do every game right instead of cutting out the goblin dungeon in the first one and like half of third game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread