Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

DoubleNegative posted:

: Who are you? I thought you were supposed to be a princess?! Why, you're nothing more than a PEASANT girl!

What an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Nidoking posted:

If this had been any earlier in the series, the golden egg would be a treasure and you'd have to remember to command the hen to lay before turning it in.

I would be ok with that if the gold egg was just for points.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Want to convince someone something is valuable? Tell them that someone else values it. Who cares if the ogre can't actually spend the golden eggs? What matters is that everyone else would dearly love to have his golden egg-laying chicken, and they can't. This is the definition of (American) happiness.

Gold eggs are valuable to him because they are valuable to people. This is important to him, but not for status reason. Rather, he eats people, and they are an easier meal when they just show up at the door looking for gold eggs.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Deathwind posted:

Depends, what version is being played?

It will likely be linked when the time comes even if it's not in this particular version.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

DoubleNegative posted:

That's my take on it. He's faced all sorts of poo poo in his previous two adventures, plus any more he got up to in the 17 intervening years between KQ2 and KQ3. He's been around the block enough to know that all it takes is a pair of strong legs and a penchant for extreme lateral thought. Also luck.

On the other hand, his solution to a 3-headed dragon invading his kingdom was, ">Give DAUGHTER to DRAGON" He might not be quite as on the ball as he thinks.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 17, 2017

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

PurpleXVI posted:

For some reason I figured we'd have needed the boot to prop open the door or risk instant death when we grabbed anything from inside.

Don't worry, the game has something far more bullshit in store for the boot.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Robindaybird posted:

The other stuff is less excusable and honestly pretty standard for the era it's made in, unfortunately.

There is nothing there which would surprise me if it showed up in a game released tomorrow.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Poil posted:

:suicide:

Why? Just, whyyyy?

Roberta Williams is some form of demon that draws sustenance from player's tears and rage.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Clearly the most intelligent thing to do is to just let Graham tear into that raw meat right there on the mountain side. Surely nothing bad would happen if you just ate raw meat that had just been sitting on a table for god knows how long.

Also, another hilarious death where you're walking around 100% fine one second then just keel over the next - like you have nothing impairing you, you aren't limping along or hunched over or look any different. You just get a warning saying 'you should eat soon' then 5 steps later you're dead.

It's preserved by being roasted salt cured. Still after several hours of strenuous hiking and climbing on a frozen rear end mountain top, eating heavily salted meat without any water seems like a great way to kill yourself. Salt + elevation + thin air + dehydration means near certain delirium followed by seizures, coma, and then death.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

U.T. Raptor posted:

I like how that map apparently didn't trust the reader to understand that Harpy Island would have harpies on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OwN7eYZseI

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

DoubleNegative posted:

Contrasting the deaths from Wednesday, these are pretty funny. Being randomly grabbed by a squid is pretty high up on the "you can't even get mad because it's so funny" list.

Sierra had a few of deaths that seemed so unintentionally :razz: that they ended up being amazing. My favorite was in the truly horrible Codename: Iceman. A game that was intended to be a Tom Clancy style geopolitical thriller set almost entirely on a nuclear submarine. So naturally, you could accidentally drive a stole falafel truck of a cliff.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yeah! Those stupid things aren't good for anything!

Your seven years on the forums have all been building up to this moment.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
This game is generally considered the best in the series by a large margin. Three is still my favortive since it's the one I played on grade school computers and the conceit of sneaking out and learning magic while hiding it from an evil wizard is just the coolest thing for an eight year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Psychotic Weasel posted:

It's really the opening that does it for me: "Long ago, in a cozy little shop, Graham steals a book from a table."

So simple, but so elegant.

I my favorite line is from the KQV recut: "What a wonderful bluebird! It could almost make Graham feel happy again, if it wasn't for Cedric."

• Locked thread