Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

a cartoon duck posted:

But what do the hand gestures and which arm they're stretching out mean for this season.

they're definitely meant to be hands on a clock. humans aren't perfectly symmetrical, so we should be able to figure out which arms are the long and short hands of the clock for each girl. well, good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kanos posted:

What on earth is going on with Kirika's pants situation. "Do you want to wear shorts, a skirt, or pants?" "Dess."

FTFY

Also Chris looking dangerously fluffy

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I hope Miku will get to fight sing again this time.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Out of my sheer good nature and upstanding character, I've decided to transcribe the song lyrics for all the GX songs from my copy of the episodes, for everyone to enjoy.

Episode 1 lyrics

More will soon follow.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

Doctor John Wayne Vercingetorix voiced by Tomokazu Sugita
Relic: The fact that the animators never received a character sheet for him, thus meaning he can literally never be on model.

Please tell me you're not just taking the piss.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I knew this was coming but then kind of forgot about it for awhile, and now this thread reminded me and introduced the new villains and I am SO loving HYPE.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hi thread i've seen lots of people talking about how cool and good this show is and seeing this thread reminded me I was meaning to give this a try. I've only seen the first episode so far but it's instantly won my heart by having characters sing the background music while fighting hoards of monsters and frequently pausing the action to give a sweet name to all the cool attacks everyone is doing.

The Noise are too cute to be evil monsters though. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The OP says that the lyrics for songs Crunchroll didn't sub are online somewhere. Is there a site that has all of them or is it better to try and look them up individually?

Also episode 2 was good but the bigger Noise aren't as cute.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

No that happened.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The OP says that the lyrics for songs Crunchroll didn't sub are online somewhere. Is there a site that has all of them or is it better to try and look them up individually?

Also episode 2 was good but the bigger Noise aren't as cute.
the symphogear wiki has them in glorious bad fan tlish. most fansubs sub them.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
And the rest, from my lengthy transcriptions

Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13

Reminder: all of these are from GX

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 12, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Thanks for these i'll try to remember them when I get through the first season. Are these from the 2nd or 3rd season?

Also, since it looks like the wiki doesn't list songs by which episode they appear in i'll have an easier time just looking for fansubs.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Thanks for these i'll try to remember them when I get through the first season. Are these from the 2nd or 3rd season?

Also, since it looks like the wiki doesn't list songs by which episode they appear in i'll have an easier time just looking for fansubs.

These are all for GX. Also, 12 and 13 will go up tomorrow.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Holy poo poo, This English. Too bad about the rest of the scene. Seriously that was um something. Something that I hope isn't common to the rest of the series.

Also, i'm very upset Section 2 told Hibiki not to reveal she's a Super Hero to her best friend, because it's very rude. Though i'm glad they're teaching her to punch good by watching Bruce Lee movies and dressing like Ryu.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, haha...best friend...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Miyuki Sawashiro is Finé's voice actor. Not only is she ridiculously experienced, she's a fluid english speaker.

Her terrible english is 100 % intentional and meant to be a deliberate f-you to her conspirators.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Aurora posted:

Also yeah, season 1 gets a bit weird early on, but the later seasons don't have that sort of thing so much.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

They don't seem to be officially dating yet ok!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Miyuki Sawashiro is Finé's voice actor. Not only is she ridiculously experienced, she's a fluid english speaker.

Her terrible english is 100 % intentional and meant to be a deliberate f-you to her conspirators.

I'm glad because the bad English was very good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only other english in the later seasons comes from ver, who mostly just peppers it in in a few lines and doesn't really talk extensively in it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

the only other english in the later seasons comes from ver, who mostly just peppers it in in a few lines and doesn't really talk extensively in it.

That's a drat shame because it owned.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They don't seem to be officially dating yet ok!

Two Besties going halvesies on a twin mattress.

Just singing a song about wanting to get married to my best friends. #BFFthings.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Two Besties going halvesies on a twin mattress.

Just singing a song about wanting to get married to my best friends. #BFFthings.

I don't think that song's in the first six episodes.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
cross ange s2 when

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, Chris got a whole lot cooler as soon as she got her guns and her new music. She's a much better good guy than bad guy.

Also, i'm glad the Hibiki Miku break up only lasted an episode because it was making me very upset.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Phobophilia posted:

cross ange s2 when

oh christ

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aurora posted:

Well, they do say that marriage is the best friendship

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
*two girls sleep in the same bed, while spooning one of them says the other is her sunshine and she'll always be with her no matter what*
"They're... best friends?" -funimation

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also, you don't entirely realize until you watch the OVAs but Miku is actually really thirsty and it's kind of great

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

God I want a full season done up like the OVAs....

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Does Crunchyroll have all the OVAs as well or am I going to need to find them elsewhere?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Does Crunchyroll have all the OVAs as well or am I going to need to find them elsewhere?

Gonna have to find 'em elsewhere, unfortunately.

Absolutely worth it, though. All goofy SoL sketch-comedy bits with some surprisingly good character beats throughout. It's Symphogear by way of Hidamari Sketch.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ConanThe3rd posted:

That's amazing and makes season 2 make a lot more sense in retrospect.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, you don't entirely realize until you watch the OVAs but Miku is actually really thirsty and it's kind of great

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Should have been more like "In the distance, the great power - a new console..."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gotta admit was not expecting Fine to want to destroy the moon. Also wasn't expecting her to be a billion years old and for her tragic first love to have been with God, at least I assume that's what i'm supposed to be thinking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Gotta admit was not expecting Fine to want to destroy the moon. Also wasn't expecting her to be a billion years old and for her tragic first love to have been with God, at least I assume that's what i'm supposed to be thinking.
she made the tower of babel, so yes

also she's confucius

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

One of the most fun Miku faces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

she made the tower of babel, so yes

also she's confucius

Yeah they went into that more the next episode. The Tower of Babel thing is surprisingly appropriate and owns a bunch.

Didn't really catch the Confucius thing though but I'm basically unread on him beyond a few passages of his work so maybe I missed something obvious. Or maybe they'll explain that in the final episode!!

• Locked thread