Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the Autoscorers but I am kind of annoyed they killed the two funnest ones Garrie and Micha off first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eela6 posted:

What is the name of Yukine Chris's song from season 2? Searching for HA HA GOOO TOOO HELL has been less helpful than I thought.
the symphogear wiki has a list of everyone's songs with lyrics, so you can look up which song is which there

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so the arena mode in Unlimited XD is a simulation room created by Elfnein where the girls have to fight and destroy holograms of each other.

Everyone is weirded out by it.

Guys.

I'm worried about Elfnein.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Didn't Elfnein and Carol like body merge at the end of GX. Carol was a pretty messed up kid so y'know some of that might have come through.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Elfnein casually starts singing "genocide and genocide" under her breath while working one day and everyone starts freaking out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Didn't Elfnein and Carol like body merge at the end of GX. Carol was a pretty messed up kid so y'know some of that might have come through.

It's been a while but I think Carol is still separate, just she burned up all her remaining memories to save Elfnein. I could well be misremembering, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

It's been a while but I think Carol is still separate, just she burned up all her remaining memories to save Elfnein. I could well be misremembering, though.

I might have misinterpreted the last scene but Carol does the whole memory transfer thing Garie used to do and it shows Elfnein's vitals dropping to 0. Then all the girls visit the next day and Carol's there, or at least her body is since while she has the same clothes Carol did in the previous scene it's pretty clear that the person's actually Elfnein, and Elfnein's body is nowhere to be seen. So to me it read like through some weird Alchemist magic they combined or something, but as like Elfnein's mind and memories with Carol's body. But I dunno alchemy is confusing.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Elfnein casually starts singing "genocide and genocide" under her breath while working one day and everyone starts freaking out.

It's a good song i'd sing along.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah I definitely left GX with the impression that Elfnein more or less ate Carol.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah I definitely left GX with the impression that Elfnein more or less ate Carol.

More like Carol fed herself to Elfnein really.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Her name's 11/9 and she gave the girls suicide brooches. Pretty normal for a Symphogear support character.

Didn't they casually mention sharing intel with the Ahnenerbe at one point?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Just the CIA and MI5.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Eela6 posted:

Just the CIA and MI5.

Could have sworn the Ahnenerbe cropped up at some point. Maybe in the first season, or possibly G.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Her name's 11/9 and she gave the girls suicide brooches. Pretty normal for a Symphogear support character.

Didn't they casually mention sharing intel with the Ahnenerbe at one point?

Oh yeah, the German supernatural investigation organisation who they tasked with figuring out the Meiji Government's secret supernatural defence plan.

E: I guess it wasn't that supernatural in reality though.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chumbler posted:

I interpreted that scene as Carol basically being on the verge of turning into a vegetable by virtue of pretty much burning out her brain on Too Much Magic while Elfnein was dying physically, so they did a Dragonball fusion dance and created a new being which is the sum of its parts, neither fully Carol nor fully Elfnein but both. It would also gel with Hibiki's desire to save Carol despite everything.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Kanos posted:

I interpreted that scene as Carol basically being on the verge of turning into a vegetable by virtue of pretty much burning out her brain on Too Much Magic while Elfnein was dying physically, so they did a Dragonball fusion dance and created a new being which is the sum of its parts, neither fully Carol nor fully Elfnein but both. It would also gel with Hibiki's desire to save Carol despite everything.

This was my take, fwiw.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Given Section Two's luck with Science officers...

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Carol's desperate bid to escape the Symphogear curse of the current villain dying at the end of the next season.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ConanThe3rd posted:

Given Section Two's luck with Science officers...

It's actually a kind of interesting aspect of the show that after Ryoko revealed herself as Fine and turned against them, the protagonists haven't really had anyone who understands jack poo poo about how the gears actually function or how to maintain, modify, or repair them in any meaningful way. Until Elfnein showed up they were pretty much just crossing their fingers and hoping everything kept working.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Maybe Symphogear tech is so nuts that they've just given up on finding anyone sane who can work with it.

Their personality test for new applicants is "what's the largest thing you want to blow up?"; if the answer is smaller than "Australia", they're in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kanos posted:

It's actually a kind of interesting aspect of the show that after Ryoko revealed herself as Fine and turned against them, the protagonists haven't really had anyone who understands jack poo poo about how the gears actually function or how to maintain, modify, or repair them in any meaningful way. Until Elfnein showed up they were pretty much just crossing their fingers and hoping everything kept working.

Yeah, Ver was the only person in S2 who had any idea what the hell was going on.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kanos posted:

To be fair, isn't there only like a month or a couple of months between the end of S1 and the start of GX? They weren't flying blind for that long, especially considering that the end of G was the end of the Noise problem till GX introduced the Alca-noise, IIRC.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

To be fair, isn't there only like a month or a couple of months between the end of S1 and the start of GX? They weren't flying blind for that long, especially considering that the end of G was the end of the Noise problem till GX introduced the Alca-noise, IIRC.
No? It's been over a year, Tsubasa was 17 in S1 and is 19 in GX.

It's kind of hard to figure out, but

Mayish 2012: The Cocnert.
Mayish 2014: S1 starts.
Mayish 2014: Tsubasa turns 18.
Augustish 2014: S1 ends.
September 2014: Hibiki turns 16.
October 2014?: S2 starts.
Decemberish 2014: S2 Ends.
Decemberish 2014: Chris turns 17.
March 2015: Tsubasa graduates, the rocket incident at the start of GX.
April 2015: Kirika turns 16.
May 2015: Tsubasa turns 19.
June-July 2015: GX Starts.
June-July 2015: GX Ends.
August 2015: Maria turns 22.
August 2015: AXZ starts.

There's some things about this that don't make sense, like the weather and the fact that Shirabe somehow didn't have a birthday even though hers is in February, which might put G somewhere in february but doesn't fit with Chris not being 17 in G, but it's the general scale of things in terms of how much time passes. Also the year is just me guessing what year they had in mind since I don't think they ever specify.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Dzhay posted:

Maybe Symphogear tech is so nuts that they've just given up on finding anyone sane who can work with it.

Their personality test for new applicants is "what's the largest thing you want to blow up?"; if the answer is smaller than "Australia", they're in.

Yukine Chris gets grandfathered in, I suppose.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Did they ever expand on several of the cast members being in the same excavation where Hibiki got hurt? At least I think that's what was shown, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lessail posted:

Did they ever expand on several of the cast members being in the same excavation where Hibiki got hurt? At least I think that's what was shown, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

What excavation are we talking about? Hibiki got hurt at a concert. Did you mean Kanade?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What excavation are we talking about? Hibiki got hurt at a concert. Did you mean Kanade?

There was a scene about the incident where Hibiki got hurt from before the series that shows Maria and Fine there and suggests Fine caused the problem

edit: maybe I just completely made this up somehow? Looks like it was Kanade and not Hibiki. Guess that's what happens when you marathon the episodes.

Lessail fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 28, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lessail posted:

There was a scene about the incident where Hibiki got hurt from before the series that shows Maria and Fine there and suggests Fine caused the problem

edit: maybe I just completely made this up somehow?

Yeah it was a thing that Fine caused the incident at the concert where Hibiki got hurt, and then took the remnants of the Gungnir relic to give to FIS which eventually made it's way to Maria. Maria wasn't there herself I don't think.

Unless you're still talking about a seperate incident but I don't think anything about Hibiki's past before that concert has really been mentioned.

Edit: ^ Oh yeah I thought that might have been what you meant. I don't think Maria was there since she'd have been like 12, and i'm pretty sure Fine didn't cause it because wasn't that the thing that caused Fine to awaken in Ryoko?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

This just means I should do a series rewatch before AXZ comes out

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The keywords for season one say that the attack happened because Chris was used by Finé to activate Solomon's Cane, and the Noise released from it were attracted to the Nehushtan armor being tested under the cover of Kanade and Tsubasa's concert.

So yeah.

Chris kind of indirectly killed Kanade.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

The timeline was a lot longer than that, but even then, Hibiki had to deal with the horrible side effects of being a weird human-gear hybrid while Section had literally no loving idea how relics work. Like the only thing they could come up with was "maybe if you don't use it it won't get worse??? :confused:".

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kanos posted:

The timeline was a lot longer than that, but even then, Hibiki had to deal with the horrible side effects of being a weird human-gear hybrid while Section had literally no loving idea how relics work. Like the only thing they could come up with was "maybe if you don't use it it won't get worse??? :confused:".

Yeah, heh, that's probably a fair point.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How much longer?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

How much longer?

12 hours. airs in japan at 1 in the morning on sundays. it's currently 1 pm on saturday in japan.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has anyone said they've picked it up for streaming? I'm assuming it's on CR since GX was but you never know.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CR hasn't said anything yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If the numbers for it on Crunchy were bad, they might not have picked up Season 4. If they didn't pick up season 4 but still had the rights for the first three seasons, then either nobody else wanted the rights or nobody else coudl get the rights. Might go unlicensed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway today's badass symphogear lore reveal is that shirabe actually sings kanade's parts of orbital beat and kirika sings tsubasa's, which is cool because

A) shirabe is hibiki's rival, hibiki got gungnir from kanade (kirika is technically tsubasa's rival but wow does that not get emphasized)
B) it shows that shirabe is badass

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

In G Shirabe's ultimate attack was transforming into a giant robot so i'm pretty sure she is the coolest and strongest character.

Also, isn't Kirika portrayed as Chris's rival? Not that that gets anymore emphasis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, isn't Kirika portrayed as Chris's rival? Not that that gets anymore emphasis.

Yeah. It was Kirika Vs Chris, Shirabe Vs Biki, Maria Vs Tsubasa.

Well I for one am stoked for this dumb gay show. I thought I didn't care for the music that much but there's been a dangerous about of Symphogear being played in my car lately, so I guess I do?

even though Dr. Ver is super dead I want him to come back. He's the hero we deserve.

• Locked thread