Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I thought she sounded really unusual, neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I loved the "good thing we showed them that anti tank movie" line and that makes it ten times better

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think I dropped the original Symphogear after one or two episodes and I have no idea why because Hibiki is now my favorite magical girl. :black101:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I finished watching the first season. Unusual choice to have the protagonist of a magical girl show start off married but I can respect that. It was super great when absolutely everyone else failed to stop Durandal from driving Hibiki berserk and then Miku takes care of it with one word. :3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Symphgear G: Take Hibiki's arm? She'll take your heart. :black101:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can't believe G's training montage is better than the first one, Genjuuro's song is too powerful. He's the perfect dad for Hibiki. :allears:

Also important Chris fact: she eats like a total slob.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Great lines in anime history: "I'll return alive, even if it kills me. :kamina:"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Chris's fake heel turn and bomb collar seemed weird and out of nowhere, but upon further reflection Ver does seem like the kind of guy who'd keep a bomb collar in his pocket at all times, you know, just in case.

I can't believe he literally says "last action hero," distinctly, in english.

Miku is the true savior of the world, again.

Genjuuro giving Chris a dvd of Equilibrium should have been part of the montage.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
GX: Between reading the OP and now I forgot it literally says "determination to fist," wow.

"This thing's as tough to deal with as you, Yukine." "Then just try to keep riding it, senpai." wow

"Adjusting K2 to Earth's third-highest mountain." These are the lines that make this show truly great.

Hibiki is just so gosh darn happy to live in a world where she gets to punch mountains and suplex space shuttles.

Chris is extremely jealous of all the flirting going on.

I'm glad Tsubasa finally managed to have a concert with no deaths until immediately after it ended.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That was probably the best entrance any villain has had in the show.

I guess Adam got his opinions on clothes from Fine

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I mean, if that's what it takes to meet the Last Action Hero...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Unless the drugs let you be an action hero, those are cool

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

quote:

Under the charge of Dr. Ver the project proceeded under the theme of "Pleasant for you" and they managed to develop a safer form of LiNKER with a very small physical burden and a more thorough cleansing process.
Great guy, that Dr Ver. :sun:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Somehow I didn't realize until last episode that Prelati's weapon is a giant ball and cup toy.

I'm going to be very disappointed if her final form isn't catching the ball on the spike.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I thought he meant waiting on fansubs

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
me when I see the subs are out

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
GX update: beef stroganoff :pwn:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Her song...it's too....powerful....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouMNrL4zmd0

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Important plot critical revelation: Hibiki and Miku's matching heart shirts.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Finished GX, it does feel a little weaker and more rushed than the others but I can forgive a lot in exchange for Dr. Ver finally becoming the worst hero he always believed he could be. :patriot:

I'd say I like the first two seasons equally. I generally liked the darker parts of the first season, but G used the larger cast well. G's ED also had a really great intro that got me pumped for the next episode almost as much as Roundabout did in Jojo's.

The least interesting parts of every season are usually the climactic fights, since it's always just everyone combining their power and singing the OP. The best parts are the character moments, and I kind of wish each season was twice as long so they could incorporate all the OVA jokes because they're incredible.

My favorite moments in the entire show are still Miku easily shaking Hibiki out of berserk mode and Hibiki trivially yoinking Gungnir back from Maria in G. Also, every other time Hibiki does something badass before or after finishing her sad character arc each season.

RIP Berserker Hibiki, you were my favorite character.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 25, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Isn't that the first time the symphogears have straight up killed a human in combat? I doubt it's going to stick.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh wow that was mean. I hope Shirabe somehow realizes that's her grandfather. :smith:

I guess we actually are late enough in the season for the alchemists to die, but somehow it doesn't feel that way. Maybe because this is the first season I haven't watched back to back.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Eela6 posted:

One half of me says it's this, the other half says it's "K2 adjusted to world's third-largest mountain"
The third best part of GX is the wacky scythe tank thing Kirika and Shirabe fuse into near the end.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I always appreciated that. "Hold on a sec, can we first make sure you need to try to destroy the world and I need to punch you?"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I enjoy the existence of the Japanese Supernatural Defense Department because it implies this kind of crazy stuff has been happening constantly.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 13, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well of course it is.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Noted immaculate soul:

If this marks the return of berserker Hibiki I'm going to :syoon: everywhere.

Though I admit for a moment I was looking forward to seeing a severed arm become god.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I just want to know how Gungnir got from Scandinavia to the hands of a random Roman soldier.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I support Hibiki for goddess because analysts say her girlfriend is 50% less likely to destroy reality than Madoka's.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Germaine is going to sacrifice herself somehow. We've already got an alchemist, don't need another.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

I thought I linked it in the op, but I actually didn't: this blog has translations of some extra materials from the website, interviews, artbooks, etc. For this season specifically there's some further information on some of the macguffins, Germain's backstory, and a few of the details of how God works. Nothing crucial, but stuff that's nice to know.
My favorite part is that the government produces an anime and manga about singing magical girls as a propaganda tool to help keep the symphogears deniable.

And Chris is a big fan of it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm glad they realized they should weaponize Miku.

Both the people predicting the other alchemists would revive and Saint Germaine would sacrifice herself were right. :v:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 26, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The reason GX's ending feels oddly unsatisfying compared to every other season is that Miku didn't save the world.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 26, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think that was actually the best final fight in any season, since it wasn't just X-Drive and win.

I can't wait for Hibiki and Miku's alien-punching dates.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
S1 isn't perfect, but it's definitely my favorite.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

quote:

Yuka: To be frank I could talk about Hibiki's good points all day
:hai:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Lessail posted:

It also makes her head look like a musical note
:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Finally, time to finish punching the moon.

• Locked thread