Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm looking forward to this season

Especially the part where this time the villains are adult women who are more or less fully dressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Lessail posted:

AS would probably show a metal magical boys anime

hmmm, that would be cool

this would be pretty easy to pitch as an isekai light novel, just have someone get reincarnated in a fantasy world and channel the power of lightning magic to invent an electric guitar

am i describing brutal legend? i dont remember if i am

also it's weird that the mid boss of AXZ is Roy Mustang doing an impersonation of the Father homunclus

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think of him as James from Pokemon or Zamasu.

they ain't alchemists, though

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The whole Maria revelation thing was kinda weird

Like it could've been a few things: It could've been Maria struggling with a crisis of confidence over having an inability to have a normal life, and then realizing that her lovely upbringing has made her extra resilient, so it wasn't all for nothing (leaning really hard into the tomato thing). Alternately, it could be about "forgiving" Mom (even though she didn't seem mad in the first place) and that doing that would help her let her guard down re:getting close to other people again, which would tie into figuring out the formula for Linker.

But instead it's just kinda... her thinking a bit about her past, and then Dr. Ver saves the day. That last part is great, but that first part seems a bit aimless.

Also this week's episode has me noodling on what a "normal" human is capable of in Symphogear. Genjuro is clearly somewhere around what I'd call "Master Asia" level, and Ogawa is a literal ninja, but what about the alchemist trio? They use alchemy and Faust Robes to fight, but don't Prelati and Cagliostro have "perfect bodies"? Can they do all that superfly stuff too as a result???

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The bodies are perfect because they're now cute girls instead of ugly, gross men, which is a truth I think we can all aspire to.

If you have two equally cute girls but one can catch rockets out of midair and block a sword barehanded, I'm gonna say that that one has the more perfect body

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

chumbler posted:

Nobody is Wu Fei because Wu Fei sucks.

Shirabe is Wu Fei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
She's moody, she complains about other people's philosophy, dark hair, extend-o arms, what more proof do you need?! Open your eyes!

Maybe Wufei wouldn't have been such a piece of poo poo if he had an chipper-yet-edgy boyfriend. So... Duo I guess...?

• Locked thread