Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It weirds me out that this show is still somehow not as popular as it should be.

I can see the first season at minimum putting broader western audiences off if that's what you mean, and it would be a difficult dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A Sentai dub of Symphogear.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chris continues to be the best symphogear. I'm also glad Tsubasa seems to be having fun now.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 24, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Symphogear is the best show.

Yeah this is shaping up to be better than G. We'll see if Adam can surpass Dr. Ver, but I'm not sure if I want him to. Also, :rip: everyone. Time to find out our would be villains' aims because everyone else is dead.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 25, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A true hero never dies.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man it's a close competition between Maria's song and Team Neapolitan's song for my favorite so far this season.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"I took Ver's sciencey doohickey and modified it with alchemy."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kylra posted:

Symphogears are made from incomplete relic fragments as far as I know. Durandal was complete. Maybe nehushtan too?

And Carol's stuff was alchemy. They have Faust robes, not Symphogears.

Everyone's good though.

Except Adam and Grandpadad Kazanari.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How long must we endure these dark times?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't mind her being incompetent, I mind her just being kind of boring. Like even in fluff/comedy bits she doesn't have a very strong personality to go on. Hibiki's Pacifist Goku, Miku's In Love, Chris is an edgelord who's bad at being edgy, Tsubasa is A Sword, Kirika and Shirabe are adorable chuuni girlfriends, Maria is...just kind of huffy.

Tsubasa is a wing now, get it right. Also her newfound sense of humor is good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Both sings Maria has rule.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Eela6 posted:

Boys don't know this,
but it doesn't even have to be beef:discourse:

I love that dumb song

Joke's on them because I know it now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

:thunk:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also drat it commie, she is literally saying garbage, so just translate it that way.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They're gonna blow up Adam to resurrect everyone who died/is going to die.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"She just showed up and won't stop hanging on me."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It can always be Chrismas.

https://twitter.com/Ondores_Lies/status/649389292293365760

I knew there was a reason I still have that tab open.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's just because Kirika has excellent taste.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda hoping this somehow leads to Fine coming back.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The most powerful hat.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I look forward to Symphogear AXZ 2: No gods, no masters, only fist.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Curse of Balal was god saying lol gently caress off you can no longer communicate with each other to humanity for Fine trying to get the tower of Babel built, I think.

God in this case probably being aliens.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think one thing we can all agree on is that the moon is turbofucked.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope she survives, but she probably won't. Her armor being made of guns is cool.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 19, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm on pins and needles for the conclusion tomorrow.

Also, an important tweet.

https://twitter.com/tyuga3/status/910854690497114113

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I want one of them to pick up and use Saint Germaine's gun as an ongoing thing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kylra posted:

I'm glad the alchemists got to do their thing, but I was hoping it would be more than just stopping a nuke, and that we'd get a bit more of their backstory, and that the still alive reveal wasn't so rushed.

My initial hypothesis on where the information on Gungnir being a god slaying weapon came from was that it was from Cagliostro and Prelati, but that was before that was busted in the same episode. I think it would've worked better my way, rather than some faceless guy who happened to work under the two astronauts from the first 5 minutes of GX who happened to have the documents that happened to be on the plane from the second episode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She did a shitload of drugs beforehand, so she's fine.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Heavyarms is still cooler than Deathscythe, but it's close.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gearhead posted:

Does this mean Maria is Wu Fei?

Nobody is Wu Fei because Wu Fei sucks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm seeing Ver in villain rankings here and I don't understand it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lessail posted:

Stay safe alchemist ghosts

They're hanging out with Fine and Carol now, but not Ver because Ver is immortal.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd say that overall this was a consistently strong season, on par with or slightly better than season 1, though not on the same level as G. The fights were always good and Adam was a good rear end in a top hat villain. Tsubasa had a little less to do but they're clearly building for her to be a big part of the next season. On the weaknesses side I would have liked some more scenes with the alchemist trio on their own, and the structure of each episode got a little too formulaic near the end.

Now why am I not currently watching season 5 and the advent of gods Hibiki and Miku?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hibiki's season 1 song is my favorite for her.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Which? I could see an argument for her second song/Kanade's song, but her first didn't really stay with me.

I can't remember the name but it was probably her first one, which she sang while ripping noise in half because they were keeping her from watching the meteor shower with Miku.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maria is obviously three jigglypuffs and three wigglytuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

iospace posted:

The real question: Kanade. I can see her using a bunch of flashy 'Mons, but which ones.

Just 6 raging gyarados.

• Locked thread