Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

But what do the hand gestures and which arm they're stretching out mean for this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Did Tsubasa and Chris even have scenes together in the last season that weren't also ensemble scenes, I can't really recall any.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Was there? I remember episodes of Tsubasa and Maria doing things and episodes of Chris trying to be a role model for Shirabe and Kirika but I can't honestly remember a Tsubasa and Chris episode.

Then again most of the third season is just kind of a blur to me at this point.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So I finished Symphogear G and it was very good. Higher highs than season 1 and much higher lows too, but I think I still enjoyed the 1st season a little more. It had a bit more focus on the development of the main cast and on exploring their characters and their interactions with each other (Tsubasa and Chris's relationship excepted which got a lot of time this season instead), and that's the part of the show I like the most. Even if the fight scenes and villains were far improved.

Honestly, I felt it's a good thing the good guys got comparatively less screen time devoted to them and their myriad issues since that meant the bad guy symphogear user chucklefucks got more screen time and we got to focus on their myriad issues instead.

It's the one thing that really made the third season my least favorite. By that point the main cast of symphogear users is already pretty big and it seemed like the staff decided that each one gets an equal amount of screen time and character exploration/development, leading to things feeling pretty thin and rushed. Also meant any side character not named Miku barely existed and I assume it's why they decided to make the bad guy squad boring robot people that are totally okay to murder, because they wouldn't have the time to flesh them out either.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Motto posted:

G doesn't really play to stock rival team stuff in general outside of the OP. Hell, in the second episode FIS is all "well poo poo" after seeing the combined superb song.

It's one of the second season's strengths, I feel.

I wanna say that GX does go the main rival route with the auto-scorers and is worse for it but I'm probably wrong because the individual auto-scorers are a blurry mess in my memory.

• Locked thread