Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They don't seem to be officially dating yet ok!

Two Besties going halvesies on a twin mattress.

Just singing a song about wanting to get married to my best friends. #BFFthings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Man there was a big blog post talking about the double meaning of Miku's song and I wanted to show it to a friend but I can't seem to find it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Is an official site simulcasting this/subbing this or should I get hunting?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Not if you're actually British and they were talking nonsense

Ahh they simulated what everyone else in the world hears when British people speak.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

The whole Maria revelation thing was kinda weird

Like it could've been a few things: It could've been Maria struggling with a crisis of confidence over having an inability to have a normal life, and then realizing that her lovely upbringing has made her extra resilient, so it wasn't all for nothing (leaning really hard into the tomato thing). Alternately, it could be about "forgiving" Mom (even though she didn't seem mad in the first place) and that doing that would help her let her guard down re:getting close to other people again, which would tie into figuring out the formula for Linker.

But instead it's just kinda... her thinking a bit about her past, and then Dr. Ver saves the day. That last part is great, but that first part seems a bit aimless.

Also this week's episode has me noodling on what a "normal" human is capable of in Symphogear. Genjuro is clearly somewhere around what I'd call "Master Asia" level, and Ogawa is a literal ninja, but what about the alchemist trio? They use alchemy and Faust Robes to fight, but don't Prelati and Cagliostro have "perfect bodies"? Can they do all that superfly stuff too as a result???

The bodies are perfect because they're now cute girls instead of ugly, gross men, which is a truth I think we can all aspire to.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm guessing the "perfect" in perfect body just means immortal.

No it's because they're cute girls now. This is really not that complicated.

Triggerhappypilot posted:

lol at LiNKER being literally an Oxytocin shot.

Right into your GEAH gland.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

cags and prelati are absolutely trans and the 'perfect body' bit is a reference to saint-germain giving them female bodies, presumably near the end of their lives as 'men'

cagliostro's line about 'wanting to live as herself' or whatever makes that pretty clear, plus it actually fits with germain's motivations (she wants to end all oppression, what is probably one of the most oppressed groups of people you can think of in most parts of the world)

edit: Also Kaneko was sick during a lot of production and had to hand a lot of the writing stuff over to other people with him as more of a supervisor, so if this is the jankiest the writing gets then that's pretty fortunate.

I'm glad there's finally cool trans ladies in anime that wanna kill God and usurp his mantle. I need good role models.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

This is probably a long shot, but there's a small part of me wondering if Saint Germain is going to go on some big rant about how she has to go along with Adam's scheme or else Cags and Prelati's sacrifices will be in vain, only for the Gears to pause in confusion: "...What do you mean? They're fine. We've got them back in the medical bay..."

I expect this all to be a big crucible for Saint Germain and her to sacrifice Adam for the plan and just become Punished Germain.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sindai posted:

I just want to know how Gungnir got from Scandinavia to the hands of a random Roman soldier.

The whole thing about conceptual weapons is that Words and belief have power so it's probably more belief in it and the Spear of Destiny got intertwined and so now Gungir is the Longiuns Lance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Greblin posted:

On the Symphogear radio show Iguchi said that the vocal direction for the ignite songs was "Sing like you desperately need to piss".

Powerful director

• Locked thread