Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hibiki's drill and Chris's bow look pretty rad.

Slightly disappointed that Chris's weapon is so old-school, actually. It seems like more of a Tsubasa thing, especially now that she's starting to drift away from being Sword Girl.

I mean, she's used crossbows before, but they were fancy, high-tech repeaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Her name's 11/9 and she gave the girls suicide brooches. Pretty normal for a Symphogear support character.

Didn't they casually mention sharing intel with the Ahnenerbe at one point?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Eela6 posted:

Just the CIA and MI5.

Could have sworn the Ahnenerbe cropped up at some point. Maybe in the first season, or possibly G.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lobsterman posted:

Are those banana Noise (spoiler for maybe new Noise designs? I dunno) new or did I just miss them in earlier seasons? Because they were loving hilarious.

I'm pretty sure bananas are the generic, basic Noise design. They're certainly the image I've always associated with them.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So I'm guessing we'll eventually get these three on board as our next wave of recruits? They're not the heads of their (clearly very evil) organisation, and they were introduced disintegrating the leadership of a murderous dictatorship, so it seems we've got leeway here by Symphogear standards.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One unusual detail - Cagliostro is voiced by a guy, Shouta Aoi.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I was very glad when our heroines didn't have to blow up Saturn to get out of their latest mishap. The poor moon's already been hurt enough - let's not start on any other celestial bodies.

Also, Hibiki and Miku need to step up their game, or they're going to be out-coupled - Tsubasa and Maria have already adopted kid.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Excuse me - Maria might have adopted some kids but I saw Tsubasa on one date in this episode, and it wasn't with Maria. :colbert:

Fun episode, definitely feel like the new season is doing a better job than GX is of having the Gears and the villains trade blows instead of taking turns destroying each other, hope that continues. Curious to see what Adam's whole deal is.

That long plane journey with just the two of them and a briefcase full of occult Nazi lore doesn't count?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Happily, Symphogear seasons are only ever one cour.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, they're just running some casual weapons testing on our heroes, and they've already had to bust out their ultimate super-mode.

Almost killing Maria with crappy, expendable Noise through nothing but careful timing is nothing to sneeze at either

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of giant magical snakes, reckon this will be the season where Tsubasa upgrades from the Ame-no-Habakiri to the Ame-no-Murakumo? Seems as good a time as any.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

Upgrading gears like that has never been a thing. Maria switched, but that was more about being true to herself rather than a straight upgrade.

I know, but it might be. They go for a different method of boosting the cast's power every season, after all, so simply swapping out the Gears for next-gen versions with new names seems like a plausible option. For instance, I suppose Hibiki might get Gram/Balmung/Nothung, the sword of the guy who snapped Gungnir in half. Not sure what Chris's upgrade might be, though - Ichaival was another of Odin's weapons, but doesn't have an obvious replacement like Ame-no-Habakiri and Gungnir. Norse mythology was relatively short on badass magical bows.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 19, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh, yeah, I wasn't thinking about it too hard but yeah he's old enough to have actually been involved with the whole "let's develop Symphogears for Hitler" thing Genjuuro and company get to kind of awkwardly shrug off, huh.

Like I said, curious to see exactly what kind of confrontation we'll have with him, though. Will he be In On It with Adam and the Alchemists? Or will he be a 3rd faction? Or will Tsubasa just get to call the old man out? We'll see.

We're dealing with the Illuminati here, not a rogue special-forces unit or a living god. Them having political/financial connections with just about everyone (and SONG getting an organisational shakeup as a result) seems like a pretty safe bet.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

.Clash posted:

The website updates have all the details on linker: https://symphogear.blogspot.co.nz/2017/07/axz-keywords-1.html

I particularly like how Europe in the Symphoverse is an anarchic, poverty-stricken hellhole... except for Greece, which is doing just fine.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Given that Prelati has mainly been the most violent, unhinged member of the alchemist trio, I wouldn't give her much of a life expectancy even if Saint-Germain isn't forced to sacrifice her. Cagliostro came across as significantly more moral and stable, but still fell into the Autoscorer territory of 'too gleefully murderous to live'. I reckon that the only villain with a half-decent chance of coming out the other side of this season alive is Saint-German herself, and even then, it's not a guarantee. I suppose there's a vague chance S-G can make backups of her friends, but, well, Elfnein hasn't brought back the Autoscorers yet.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
RIP Hibiki, turned into a final boss by being too nice.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lessail posted:

So are we getting aliens as the bads after this is done?

Alien gods. Who will presumably get punched in the face and then befriended. Unless they're artificial beings, in which case they have a 90% chance of dying horribly.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Because we're up against the gods next, and the Curse of Balal they deployed against humanity emanated from the ruins on the moon. At the very least, they'll probably use it as a staging ground when they come back.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Eela6 posted:

So, here's my predictions.

The Gears (-Kirika) will show up and ineffectually battle Hibiki.
She will need to be taken out by Gungnir, which they don't have (since hibiki has it).
Maria will psych herself up to take it back, but fail. Such is Maria's lot in life.

Miku and Kirika will show up and appeal to the 'real' Hibiki, and somehow get Gungnir from her.
Miku & the gears will use the spear to activate X-Drive and fight Hibiki. (I don't know who uses the spear - probably Miku, but maybe St. Germaine?)
With X-Drive & Gungnir hey will "destroy" Hibiki, but it's a fake-out; Miku believes that Hibiki's fist only destroys evil, and Hibiki ain't evil

Chris will be alone, forever.

Ed: I hope the last episode has a Tsubasa concert as part of the epilogue.

Sindai posted:

Germaine is going to sacrifice herself somehow. We've already got an alchemist, don't need another.

You two are forgetting that Val Verde still needs rebuilding, and there are now two cranky, gun-slinging ex-slaves who have a potential interest in lending a hand.

They could bond over stories about how awful Finé was.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Of course Trump pushed the button.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Are we sure Hibiki isn't still a god? SONG's plan seemed to be to get her past her block so she could properly absorb the divine power.

That'll likely have repercussions for next season.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hibiki would totally have a Machamp. And an Incineroar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Hibiki is definitely not a heel. If she was going to have a wrestle-mon it'd be Hawlucha.

Also, she'd have a Hitmonchan because fists and also she and Genjuuro sing a song from a Jackie Chan movie in G

Beast Mode Hibiki needs some rep too.

• Locked thread