Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ConanThe3rd posted:

Please tell me you're not just taking the piss.

That's amazing and makes season 2 make a lot more sense in retrospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, you don't entirely realize until you watch the OVAs but Miku is actually really thirsty and it's kind of great

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I feel like the biggest problem with Fine's redemption is that, since it was all smashed into the last episode, Fine goes from tearing down the moon to accepting Hibiki's resolve in less than two minutes, which is just terrible pacing Otherwise I find her changing her mind fairly believable.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

When does the new season start?

July 2. So about 9 days.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Basically my same thoughts and setiments about G to a T, especially regarding Miku and my overall thoughts on the season, though I actually liked Maria's development throughout the season and found it quite understandable. On the contrary, I felt they definitely could have tightened up Chris' Arc quite a bit: The ending of episode 4 is great, probably my favorite song moment in the series so far, and her character development with Tsubasa at the end is good too, but I feel that the script writing didn't handle her "need for redemption" very well; definitely didn't emphasize it enough throughout the middle of the season, and it felt really cheap when it came up again. I also felt that this aspect suffered from "Power Rangers Syndrome", where if it was so important, why did it feel like every episode, the symphogear wielders would just stand idly, let Ver summon noise, kill them, then wait for him to summon more, instead of charge him and take the Staff of Solomon? Also Chris could have easily given Ver chase after Hibiki destroyed Nephelim and passed out of her rage, but didn't?

On a seperate note, since I'm nitpicking away, Tsubasa acting the way she did regarding Hibiki's condition was dumb and bad drama, but thankfully that didn't even last a full episode, and it's at least sort of believable because she's an dumb emotional teenager, and she's already had to deal with the loss of a very close friend before.

Anyways, glad you're enjoying the show! And I'm halfway through GX, so I guess it's a race to finish it before you do and before AXZ starts :cheeky:

Julias fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jun 23, 2017

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SyntheticPolygon posted:

drat it, I think i've finally gotten to the part of Symphogear where Crunchy has stopped translating the songs. There was a song in Season 1 that wasn't translated at first, but it was in every other use, but 2 untranslated songs in 1 episode does not make me confident the same will happen now.

I've noticed that too, it seems that they're really inconsistent about it for some reason. Some songs were translated, others weren't

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
There were definitely banana noise in the ovas.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You actually see people getting dissolved by noise all the time in G and GX, though? :confused:

Yeah, they're unnamed military personnel, but still...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That's a bonus feature.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Chris...she had a hard life.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Derp, nevermind.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

on the other hand its still better writing than that time maria could use ignite because elfnein was bad at volleyball

I'm sorry, but that was tied with the first episode as the best episode of GX :colbert:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spiritus Nox posted:

GX's conclusion wasn't amazing, but it was sure better than its middle....

I actually liked the middle of GX better than its ending, though I thought the Maria vs. Galie at the beach episode was the best one besides the first ep (glares over at Endorph) so :shrug:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I agree with the first two parts, but nah, it was always clear that the autoscorers were getting poo poo done, and I enjoyed the individual character arcs that the show chose to focus on for these few episodes way more than the overarching plot of the season, which personally speaks to me as how lame of a villain Carol was.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Here's a bunch of cool Symphogear pics for ya: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=64602045

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

iospace posted:

Dunno, Gear!Miku is probably one of the best I've seen of her with Shen Shou Jing on, then again, most of the art I've seen her is usually her looking sad. Her she looks determined and badass.

Quite a few of these are based off the Symphogear mobage game, you can find fan translations of the stories and plot online, and even play it yourself (though it's all in Japanese...the curse of Belial has forsaken us! :negative: )

• Locked thread