Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maybe watching week to week and having a new Carol fight each ep made it drag or something but watching it all at once I had few problems with GX's final stretch. But I thought Carol was a pretty solid villain so I was cool with how it went. Only problem I had was that Miku wasn't even present for the whole 3 episodes of final fight and that's an extremely big misstep. It kinda felt she was around for more episodes than in G (and AXZ too now I guess) just because Hibiki was dealing with lots of personal stuff so she'd get lots of appearances chatting to her about that, so it was just real lame that she was gone for the conclusion.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I had no fear because I believed in her.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just lol if you don't always believe in all the Symphogears because they're incredibly cool and great.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So is Hibiki and are you telling me you don't believe in Hibiki? I find that hard to believe.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Kirika is dumber than Hibiki dess

Perhaps that's just more reason to believe in her.

The Colonel posted:

kirika is my friend and i will root for the fierce crushing of anyone who hurts her

Hibiki is going to spend the first 10 minutes of next episode punching Adam and it will be good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The only bad decision I remember her making was in G and that was mainly due to her thinking she was inevitably going to get Fine'd and basically die, which I don't blame her for.

Throwing Hibiki a birthday party? Great idea. Doping up on drugs so she doesn't die from climax song? Great idea. Kirika makes good decisions all the time and this should be acknowledged.

E:^People say that all the time but outside of scythe enjoyment and the word death Kirika doesn't really seem edgy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Miku and Hibiki are going to become Gods and I'm very happy for them.

Good final episode for a good season. I kinda feel the alchemists started getting picked off anti-climactically mid-season and Adam is probably the weakest villain Symphogear's had but still a very fun time. Not all the character's arcs came together (except Hibiki's which was as always fantastic and well thought out) but outside of Maria's I really liked all the ideas that got brought up especially for Kirika and Shirabe, who usually don't get much screentime separate from each other. Kirika just wanting to selflessly help people and see her friends happy without thinking too much about the complexities is good. And although Shirabe being unable to connect with the others didn't land for me the idea of contrasting her with Tsubasa is cool and especially comparing the KiriShira duo with Kanade and Tsubasa's relationship is a really interesting concept. I hope those things get more play next season.

The alchemists all owned and I'm still going to believe they have the potential to return because they're great. Maybe the best selection of songs from a season as well if only because I think there were a lot more tracks with multiple singers and those are the best. For the first time ever it felt like there was some actual (very slight) set up for the next season and I like the seeds that have been lain. I hope Tsubasa beats up her terrible terrible terrible Grandad.

Most importantly Hibiki finally gets a Named Attack!!!!!! Almost cancels out the lack of a concert, which is still a pretty huge miss imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eela6 posted:

I liked Adam more than Carol. He's consistently such a weird abusive rear end in a top hat. He at least provoked an emotion, even if it's just 'gently caress this guy'

I liked Carol. She had strong connections to the themes of the season like Miracles and Dads and was even related to some of the greater series themes. Also she had a great song and a cool weapon. Can't believe it took 3 seasons for an instrument to be a weapon in this show about songs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's fair. I wanted to see Carol get beat up and then hopefully come to the understanding that 'hey communication with people is possible and pretty cool'. Like a different take on what ended up happening with Fine. Someone who thinks communication can't happen. But while Fine highly valued communication and her whole plan was to make understanding possible again even if she had to gently caress everything up and ruin lives under the belief that it was currently impossible, Carol just hated the world and actively refused to try connecting with others. Then they both get saved by Hibiki and later give their lives to save someone part themselves because they start valuing other people. I dunno, I enjoyed the themes involved.

Adam was just a piece of poo poo though. And although I definitely hated him you can be a piece of poo poo and also interesting and entertaining on top of that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Please don't insult Yumi like this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think even G benefits a lot from season 1's strong character work. Stuff like Miku getting brainwashed or Chris making school friends and singing at the festival are big and memorable moments in G but they only land as well as they do due to the focus those characters got in a more character-driven season. Especially Miku who is kinda just not super prominent in G through most of the season (though that goes for every season except the 1st, there's a lot more characters now).

Season 1 is probably one of my favourite animes honestly. The action has only gotten better the show has remained as sincere and crazy as ever and the characters are still awesome but the type of show season 1 was is more my style I think.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The only issue I really had with tone in season 1 (from what I can remember) was Fine's introduction. Which granted was real bad and kinda soured me on her for the rest of the show even if outside of it she's a very good villain. It didn't really strike me as a consistent problem.

Animation wasn't so hot though yeah.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That scene was good but I can't even remember her singing in it, I thought she got too angry and berserk due to missing her date to sing. Guess my memory's wrong.

My favourite Hibiki song is Little Miracle - Grip it Tight. I think mostly because it's used very well. It's always cool when a character busts out a new song due to character development.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

:rip: Link

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tsubasa's Pokemon should be a Skarmory because her swords are actually wings.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

And not a Clawitzer? Come on. It's basically the gun pokemon.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh yeah, arrows she should definitely have Decidueye in there.

And like Cloyster and Rhyperior have icicle spear and rock blast and all but there are several far more projectile/gun/arrow based pokemon out there.

E: Also if you want a red pokemon for her shiny Clawitzer fits the bill. And it's y'know 80% a gun.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maria with a Puff is still maybe the most powerful Symphogear fanart.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

I can't tell which one is Maria.

EDIT - trying to think of a team for Shirabe is tough. I can think of a few rabbits and the like but there's not any yo yo or sawblade themed Pokemon that come to mine.

Buneary, Bisharp because its chest blades remind me of saws, Whirlipede because spins, Golurk because her ultimate attack in G is piloting a mech, Watchog Because Jiiiii, and I wanted a vaguely Fine like pokemon because of reincarnation but I can't think of one.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fine would use legendary pokemon and Shirabe's a Fine so it fits.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hibiki is definitely not a heel. If she was going to have a wrestle-mon it'd be Hawlucha.

Also, she'd have a Hitmonchan because fists and also she and Genjuuro sing a song from a Jackie Chan movie in G

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like Ver's Luvdisc at least.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

no props for the spinda too i thought that was pretty clever

The Spinda is very good as well but I thought if I gave too many compliments I'd come off as accepting these teams as correct rather than my previous extremely good suggestions.

Also liked Chimecho and Sunflora for Hibiki. Can't believe I didn't think of those.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ignite makes the music worse and i'm not a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's cool the first time it happens because hey a song remix, that owns. But then you listen to them later and realise the original versions are better and probably had more thought put into them.

• Locked thread