Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

If you don't understand Italian it's just a bunch of people standing around.

Fair, I really just hate this party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I got an Italian friend and he says they don't know much either.

Announcer has never seen something like this in 20 years

They're trying to make sense of things and determining how or if the match would continue

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

this is the most italian poo poo i've ever seen. 2 hours of parading around in medieval costumes, less than 15 minutes of actual play, and now an half an hour of shouting and gesticulations

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

and now one of the players is just smoking a loving cigarette

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
So if they throw the game out does the white team just advance even though they were losing?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

So if they throw the game out does the white team just advance even though they were losing?

I would assume so, unless they want "get up in score, punch a ref" to be precedent

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The replays showed a white player kicking the ref though

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
What they need to do is find some referees that can take a drat leg kick.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

The plot thickens.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

Announcers confirmed it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Well explains why the whites are the ones surrounded by cops

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

christ fat guy pull up your loving pants

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
A huge swarm of cops entering the field isn't a great sign

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Match suspended for good, announcers unsure what this means for the finals

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

A huge swarm of cops entering the field isn't a great sign

Bianchi has been disqualified

It is no azzuri contra policia

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
ref kick

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seltzer posted:

ref kick

So it was a blue guy who shoved him and a white guy who kicked him

EDIT: Explains why they keep showing the fat guy

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

This loving game.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Apparently the announcers haven't seen anything like this in twenty years. So this is crazy even for calcio standards.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

why wouldn't they just throw out the players who attacked a ref and then play out the game?

I think the cops are there on the fairly reasonable assumption that the crowd might riot

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Over the PA, "Match over, but asked the crowd to stay in their seats and remain calm"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Let the greens get revenge in the finals

EDIT: Blue crowd seems happy. I guess they win?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

why wouldn't they just throw out the players who attacked a ref and then play out the game?

I think the cops are there on the fairly reasonable assumption that the crowd might riot

I mean that's what I'd want but if that happened in the NBA or whatever I'm pretty sure the game would be over and the offending team would lose.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

:italy:

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

:discourse:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

god drat lasagna eating bastards calling it quits as soon as things get rough, just like ww2

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

this is the weidman mousasi of calcio

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Looks like the thread title needs to be changed

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Well, crap. Now what?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Now we wait

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

If anyone is still watching the stream this is getting top billing on the newscast, my translator is watching something else though so I don't know what's up

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
I still don't really get where that white kicking player is supposed to be in the gif.
I mean i see fatty doing his ref pushing and i see a blue guy making a dent in the ref's leg, but im not quite sure i see any white players going for the kill.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The guy kicking the ref has white pants on it's just really shadowy + bad quality. All the pants are team color +purple so thats also a bit confusing.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I assume they would be willing to let shoving of the refs go with a stern yelling at or player ejection but kicking one so hard he couldn't walk was enough to get the assault charges brought up? I'd be interested to hear what got players from both teams mad enough to go after the ref at the same time, but then right after that also get into a huge dust up with each other and there's guys trying to throw punches while other guys run around desperately trying to play peacemaker.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So apparently the decision on what will happen will come in a few days

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The players going absolutely crazy and deciding it's time to attack the refs could endanger the whole enterprise, so I imagine they will come down hard.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

We all just witnessed the pistons pacers moment of calcio storico. I could see Verdi playing Rossi again in the finals. If they let blue slide there is 0 way there will be a rematch. I could see white getting a year ban as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i didn't see enough of blue and white to really know but it seems like red would beat either of them.

• Locked thread