Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

*GT edit for friendship: If you are not a GIPer but come for the baller rear end CE thread and wound up here, feel free to participate as long as you stick to the circle jerk. No D&D bullshit, no fuckboi nonsense. Lurk if you are not sure what this means. If someone starts a why Hillary lost derail I will report you and demand a ban. Take that poo poo elsewhere. This is about Trump committing obstruction of justice and how he poisons everyone he touches. Also, notice the prop bets. GIVE SOME drat MONEY TO CHARITY. If you need one there are two suggested, and most of us can suggest more.*

This is the Comey open session thread. But like most open sessions its going to be bullshit on top of horse poo poo. Be prepared for lots of non answers, partisan grandstanding and ultimately not really accomplishing a drat thing because lol nothing will change until the Reds lose the house.

However.

Its a week day so Russia-o-clock hit and now the Director of National Intelligence may have to admit that Trump tried to tell him to interfere with the FBI investigation.

That matters because Coats testifies in open session the day before.

So dump your open session circle jerking here and remember:

Last one eats the probie.

UPDATE: Now with time tables.

Wed June 7th, 10 AM EDT:
Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats
Acting Director of FBI Andrew McCabe
Director NSA Admiral Mike Rodgers
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein*

Thurs June 8th 10 AM EDT:
Former Director FBI James Comey.

* - This just might be where things go the most sideways.

GT Edit:
For you degenerate gamblers I am setting a few lines. If you want to place prop bets do so for charity. If you are lazy then you can :effort: :20bux: to any number of groups on the bets listed here or ride someone else's. POST PROOF OF PAY OUT HERE. If you need a charity, I give to Puppies Behind Bars, but there are plenty of others. Planned Parenthood might be a good idea since President Pence will not be good news for women's health care.

Over Under:
Trump Tweets during Comey Testimony - 10
Times in Wed hearing that any one of the four invokes EP - 12
Times in Wed hearing that anyone invokes Muller to dodge a question - 5
Times Comey invokes Muller to dodge a question - 7

Yes/No bets:
Coats confirm Trump told him to shut down FBI investigation
McCain grows a spine
Comey comes up with a reasonable explanation for why he didn't report Trump interference to someone.
Comey confirms he told Sessions not to leave him alone with Trump again.
Rosenstein loses his poo poo and throws ERRYBODY under the bus

EBBNOTE:
:siren:
Post your predictions. If you're wrong, I probate you for six hours. Predictions close at 9:55 AM EST Thursday. By 7 PM EST, I want the thread to nominate the dumbest post/prediction. "Winner" by popular vote gets queued for three days.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
cool beans

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
donald trump is going to stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot james comey in the face and he won't lose any votes.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Genocide Tendency posted:

Last one eats the probie.

I'll do you one better.

:siren:
Post your predictions. If you're wrong, I probate you for six hours. Predictions close at 9:55 AM EST Thursday. By 7 PM EST, I want the thread to nominate the dumbest post/prediction. "Winner" by popular vote gets queued for three days.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Chief Cheeto will bury himself on Twitter, but lol it won't matter.

McCain will be concerned about Trump's reaction to the testimony, but will do nothing.

Tammy Duckworth will then whip McCain with the spine he lost in Vietnam, which she personally retrieved for just this purpose.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
A bunch of boring politicians ask boring questions that ultimately go nowhere, and I drink myself to death.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
PREDICTION

Either Trump or a Republican Senator is going to say something so incredibly dumb that it becomes bigger news than whatever Comey actually has to say.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 7, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh and one more thing please put PREDICTION: in your post so I know you're making an actual prediction and not just shitposting.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
how many times will hillary clinton get brought up between the hearing and trump's twitter?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Oh and one more thing please put PREDICTION: in your post so I know you're making an actual prediction and not just shitposting.

:siren:PREDICITON:siren:

Comey testifies, gets asked questions that ultimately lead nowhere because there's not enough evidence or whatever. Donald Trump tweets a bunch about FAKE NEWS and DISHONEST MEDIA/COMEY, helping to cement his image as Lord Retard Regent and King of All Retards (:911:). Nothing happens, nothing matters.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What's the over/under on how many times Benghazi gets mentioned? Trey Gowdy isn't in his position on the oversight committee yet is he?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Actual blood is spilt to one degree or another in Congress.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
PREDICTION

At least two Republicans will attempt to bring up the leaks to the media as the actual issue.

Ted Cruz will, again, try to verbally fellate Trump and place blame on Democrats and the leakers, and will be shut down hard enough to leave, again.

Comey will be very cagey, and therefore the mouth-breathing Republican base will believe whatever Trump says because they can't process words with more than three syllables.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

They will all have sex with each other.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

PREDICTION

one or more of the iks will unleash a reign of terror

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
:siren: PERCDITION :siren:

GOP assholes ask questions about unmasking and whether or not Comey tried to hide in the drapes, dems assume that someone else in their group will ask Comey the hard questions to the point that none of them ask anything good

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What time and what timezone is this happening? I need to know so I can take part.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Two Finger posted:

What time and what timezone is this happening? I need to know so I can take part.

10 am EDT

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
:siren:PERDITION:siren:

Comey testifies, confirming what most people already know, but fails to actually implicate Trump in anything illegal. The GOP bitch and moan about fake news, the Democrats fumble on the one yard line and Franken scores a clever soundbite that John Oliver will use in about two weeks.

And just for kicks, Eric Trump and/or Kushner will be implicated in a brand new scandal, maybe something involving money laundering for the Russian mob.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

2am friday :negative:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Edited to say predictions end Thursday, since I am a retard who does not know what day of the week it is. This is all for the main attraction.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Updated the OP with the days/times/who will be there.

:siren:Predictions:siren:

1 - Comey's hearing is bullshit fluff where the Reds harass him about unmasking and why he didn't tell anyone about Trump interfering/his memos. Dems hammer him for details about the extent of interference. Trump will be a gigantic manbaby about it. Will still tweet that Comey confirms there is no collusion.

2 - Wed is when all the action happens. Coats essentially confirms the interference by saying he can't talk about it because of EP/Muller. Reds hammer them about unmasking and Clinton bullshit. The Blues hammer everyone about interference.

3 - Rosenstein fucks up. Bad enough that he has to recuse himself from the Russia poo poo because he was involved in the Comey dismissal. Putting everything in the hands of some woman who's name I don't remember but she has been a long time DC lizard. Trump loses his god drat mind and fires someone. This probably will take a couple days. So look for a recusal late Friday into Monday. Trump fires someone for it by Wed next week.

4 - The Zodiac Killer is still a pile of human feces and no one likes him and he gets dunked on in both sessions.

Comedy Prediction:
Duckworth carves a man's still beating heart out of his chest with a spoon.

Y'all fuckin suck at predictions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
prediction

Something dirty drops on Sessions and he resigns.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
PREDICTION

i'm gay

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
PREDICTION

I'm not going to get probated or banned

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

PREDICTION

I'm not going to get probated or banned

ENJOY YOUR 6ER!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
:siren: Bonus Perdition :siren:

The secondary blowback of members of the Trump administration being exposed as Russian plants will result in a fundamental reevaluation of the purpose of the Electoral College system in the 21st century. Specifically, the ability to influence a disproportionately small number of swing state voters and primary voters in order to install an administration beholden to the a foreign government will be placed front and center as a national security concern that must be addressed through constitutional amendment.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Two Finger posted:

PREDICTION

one or more of the iks will unleash a reign of terror

fuckin called this poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Admiral Rogers loving owns and he's certain to be asked about the leaked NSA doc and the various ways Russia directly attempted to meddle.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Well poo poo if you're gonna ban the idiot predictions you should ban all predictions considering the state of the nation.

I predict the IKs and Admins will suck it and love it

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
:siren: Prediction :siren:

Comey confirms that trump pushed him to end the investigation and nothing comes of it. He will also land a pretty sick burn on one of the repubs and probably a couple dems who gently caress up asking a question properly.

Cruz will have a repeat of his last performance

Dems will collectively whiff by not asking decent questions

Tammy will be the only one to ask anything worthwhile but it will be drowned out by her idiot party members. She will later be seen sneaking a can of cope out of her fake leg along with a flask, visibly giving up.

McCain is concerned but does nothing, again.

In 3 days none of this matters as Trump does something else and we all continue to pray that Mueller's investigation is going better.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Im feeling in a gambling mood, and I always lurk your threads anyways

Prediction Comey will have prepared something really damning but it will be overshadowed by Trump releasing the piss tape himself in order to distract everyone.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Cruz isn't going to be in this session, Comey's talking to the Intelligence Committee

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/about/committee-members-115th-congress-2017-2018

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Prediction: Trump makes exactly 7 tweets over the course of the Comey Testimony. The contents of these tweets will not be Factual or show any sort of Self-awareness. At least one tweet will be an unprompted mention of Hillary and/or the Election.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

prediction: Clint Watts gonna make bank doing all the cable shows for the next week

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also heres a guide to the white guys talking today

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Prediction: Trump is going to incriminate himself through twitter live tweeting and Nothing Will Be Done and be forgotten in a couple weeks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
:siren: Prediction :siren:

Trump will be implicated in something that basically shows some fire behind the Russia smoke, and nothing will happen.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pumped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Can't wait for the presidents hot takes via his live tweet session.

He's the president so it is presidential, you plebs.

• Locked thread